Real midfielder Diarra out for rest of seasonDecember 9th, 2008 - 1:02 pm ICT by IANS
Madrid, Dec 9 (DPA) Spanish champions Real Madrid announced that midfielder Mahamadou Diarra will be out of action for between six to nine months.The Mali midfielder was operated on in Madrid Monday morning for a complicated break in the external cartliage of his right knee, an injury he originally sustained playing for Mali against Chad in October.
Diarra, 27, is Real’s second long-term knee injury victim, after Dutchman Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
The club’s other absentees at the moment are Pepe, Gabriel Heinze, Ruben de la Red and Wesley Sneijder.
In addition, Marcelo and Arjen Robben will miss next Saturday’s clash away to Barcelona through suspension.
Real are currently fifth in La Liga, nine points behind runaway leaders Barcelona.
- Pepe joins Real Madrid long injury list - Dec 02, 2008
- Revitalised Real determined to win in Barcelona (Preview) - Dec 11, 2008
- Higuain and Sneijder join Real Madrid injury list - Nov 24, 2008
- Valencia to test leaders Barcelona in Liga (Preview) - Dec 04, 2008
- Real Madrid face tough test in Malaga - Oct 21, 2011
- Dutch and Spanish football closely connected for 40 years - Jul 09, 2010
- Barcelona keen for revenge against Cup nemesis Sevilla - Jan 14, 2010
- Real Madrid face Valencia test in La Liga - Nov 18, 2011
- Real Madrid's priority changes from purchases to sale - Jul 14, 2009
- Injury hit Barca can't afford mistakes in Villarreal - Jan 27, 2012
- Barcelona to celebrate Guardiola's decision in Valladolid - Jan 21, 2010
- Villarreal's Champions League opener is must win game - Sep 13, 2011
- Guardiola releived after Busquets injury scare - Feb 05, 2012
- Real Madrid prepare to take on Ajax in Champions League - Sep 26, 2011
- Mourinho to personally convince Fabregas to join Real Madrid - Dec 31, 2010