Ready for Euro 2012: Polish PMMarch 23rd, 2012 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
Warsaw, March 23 (IANS) Poland and Ukraine are prepared for the Euro 2012 Football Championships starting June 8, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk said after talks with his Ukrainian counterpart Mykola Azarov.
Tusk and Azarov chaired a sitting of a Polish-Ukrainian Euro 2012 committee Thursday. They earlier held one-on-one talks.
Tusk called Euro “the biggest sporting event in the history of this part of Europe,” and noted that both hosting countries had prepared well for the tournament, Xinhua reported.
“The extraordinary determination displayed by the governments, sport authorities and economies of Ukraine and Poland have led us to this day, to the moment when we both are able to say very openly and responsibly that Ukraine and Poland are prepared to carry through the tournament,” Tusk said.
Tusk admitted that not all infrastructural projects planned for the event had been completed but assured that this would not hinder the mega event.
The 16-nation Euro 2012 soccer championships, slated for June 8-July 1 will take place in four Polish cities of Warsaw, Gdansk, Wroclaw and Poznan as well as four Ukrainian cities of Kiev, Lvov, Donetsk and Kharkov.
- Polish cops to assist in Ukraine during Euro 2012 - Mar 14, 2012
- Tango 12 named official ball of Euro 2012 - Nov 30, 2011
- Security preparations for Euro 2012 in final phase: Polish official - Dec 07, 2011
- Stay off during Euro 2012, Polish PM tells protesters - May 19, 2012
- Handbook ready for football fans ahead of Euro 2012 - May 22, 2012
- Ukraine's Euro 2012 preparations enter home stretch: President - May 31, 2012
- Ban on smoking and tobacco ads at Euro 2012 - Oct 21, 2011
- UEFA pleased with Euro 2012 preparations, says Ukraine - Nov 22, 2011
- Polish border guards ready for Euro 2012 - May 23, 2012
- Blind Ukrainians to enjoy soccer with headphones - Apr 04, 2012
- Warsaw takes training to help blind fans at Euro 2012 - Mar 14, 2012
- Blind fans to enjoy Euro 2012 - Apr 04, 2012
- 29 percent of Poles believe country ready for Euro 2012 - Mar 29, 2012
- Poland claims it is well prepared for Euro 2012 - May 09, 2012
- Poland opens Police Command Center for Euro 2012 - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: counterpart, donald tusk, donetsk, euro 2012, football championships, gdansk, infrastructural projects, july 1, kharkov, kiev, lvov, polish cities, poznan, prime minister, soccer championships, sport authorities, ukrainian cities, warsaw, wroclaw, xinhua