RCom registers 5 mn customers on its GSM networkFebruary 13th, 2009 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) Reliance Communications (RCom), the country’s only telecom operator offering both CDMA and GSM services, Friday said it has recorded five million subscribers in a span of 30 days on its fully-IP enabled, next generation wireless network.
“We continue to experience acceleration in the growth momentum as we keep launching our GSM services in new geographies and offering a slew of attractive recharge options,” S.P. Shukla, RCom’s personal business president said in a statement.
The company launched its GSM services last month in 11,000 towns and 300,000 villages in a phased manner.
RCom added another 3,000 towns taking its GSM network to over 14,000 towns and 400,000 villages and is on course to taking its dual network - CDMA and GSM - coverage to 24,000 towns and 600,000 villages.
- Reliance Communications launches GSM telephony in Mumbai - Jan 04, 2009
- RCom launches SMS-based e-mail service - Feb 03, 2010
- Tata Teleservices to launch GSM services by year-end - Jan 05, 2009
- R-Com launches GSM services in Rajasthan - Jan 06, 2009
- Reliance Communications launches new prepaid scheme in Delhi - Dec 14, 2011
- Reliance Communications now has 100 mn subscribers - Mar 15, 2010
- Reliance Communications launches free calling offer schemes - Nov 02, 2010
- RCom ties up with Universal Music for 3G music services - Aug 04, 2010
- Reliance Communications launches GSM telephony (Lead) - Dec 30, 2008
- R-Com adds 11.3 mn subscribers in January-March - Apr 15, 2009
- China Wireless to set up research centre in India - May 25, 2010
- Videocon launches nine more mobile handsets - Mar 17, 2010
- Videocon plans Rs.14,000 crore investment in mobile service - Apr 18, 2010
- Minimum bid price for 2G spectrum too high: SSTL - Aug 07, 2012
- R-Com launches GSM services in Delhi - Feb 01, 2009