RCom launches GSM service in Jammu and KashmirFebruary 6th, 2009 - 5:51 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Feb 6 (IANS) Telecom operator Reliance Communications (RCom) Friday launched its GSM services in over 50 towns and more than 5,000 villages in Jammu and Kashmir, and said its nationwide footprint has been completed.”National and state highways, rail routes, tourist locations and places of worship have been covered,” said Arvind Kumar, RCom’s head of Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab circle.
The company also launched a plan that offers GSM SIM card for Rs.49 and a one-time subscription charge of Rs.51 for sub-Rs.150 Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) mobile customers in the state.
“In a very short span, Reliance Mobile has created a GSM network whose coverage and capabilities are superior to GSM networks that have been in existence for 15 years,” Kumar said.
- R-Com launches GSM services in Rajasthan - Jan 06, 2009
- R-Com GSM crosses 100,000 subscribers on first day - Jan 05, 2009
- Reliance Communications launches GSM telephony in Mumbai - Jan 04, 2009
- Reliance mobile launches GSM services in Punjab - Jan 05, 2009
- R-Com launches free unlimited call offer in Delhi - Mar 17, 2009
- RCom pays $1.91 billion towards 3G spectrum - May 31, 2010
- RCom launches SMS-based e-mail service - Feb 03, 2010
- RCom, Aircel to sign $300 mn infrastructure sharing deal - Aug 31, 2009
- RCom ties up with Universal Music for 3G music services - Aug 04, 2010
- R-Com launches GSM services in Delhi - Feb 01, 2009
- Idea launches 3G services in Kashmir - Oct 19, 2011
- Reliance launches SMS conference calls - Oct 26, 2010
- Reliance launches SMS based mobile conferencing (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- RCom partners with US firm for mobile conferencing - Aug 12, 2009
- Reliance launches 3G services in Punjab - Jan 13, 2011