RBI official falls to death from office buildingOctober 1st, 2008 - 5:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 1 (IANS) A senior official of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) fell off his multi-storeyed office building at the Bandra-Kurla complex and died, a bank official said.The deceased, Sushad K. Patnaik, aged around 53, was the deputy general manager - Inspections, with the apex bank.
The official said the police are investigating the matter and it was too early to conclude whether it was an accident or suicide.
An official of the Bandra-Kurla police station told IANS that as per preliminary information, it appeared to be a case of suicide.
However, the cause of the suicide or accident was not immediately known, but a team of senior officials had rushed to the spot, the official added.
The eight-storeyed RBI office building is located in the heart of suburban Mumbai’s central business district.
- Hoax bomb call at Mumbai court - Apr 17, 2010
- New CBI regional office in Mumbai - Oct 15, 2010
- Fire at Mumbai commercial complex - Sep 07, 2012
- Fire at Mumbai commercial complex under control (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Court permits Hazare fast at MMRDA Ground - Dec 23, 2011
- Prince Andrew to visit naval command, Ambani school - Apr 30, 2012
- Mumbai's diamond, gold merchants furious at government apathy - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbai to get more air-conditioned buses - Jun 01, 2012
- Anna Hazare arrives at MMRDA ground in Mumbai - Dec 27, 2011
- US consulate opens in suburban Mumbai - Nov 21, 2011
- Hazare arrives in Mumbai - Dec 26, 2011
- Nationwide stir: Maharashtra grinds to a halt (Lead) - Jul 05, 2010
- Woman jumps from Gurgaon high rise, dies - May 07, 2012
- Hazare's fast: Team Anna ready to tackle health emergency - Dec 27, 2011
- Retired IIT professor kills self in Delhi - Oct 22, 2011