RBI general manager joins CBI’s bank security, fraud cellDecember 26th, 2008 - 7:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 26 (IANS) The general manager of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has joined the Central Bureau of Investigation’s (CBI) Bank Security and Frauds Cell (BS&FC) for strengthening the agency’s investigations into economic offences.”General Manager of RBI J.L. Negi has joined the CBI in Bank Security and Frauds Cell (BS&FC) in the Economic Offences Wing,” a CBI statement said.
Negi is a postgraduate from the Indian Institute of Management-Calcutta and also a certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers. He holds a Master’s degree in commerce and economics.
“The CBI shall avail of his services and utilise his vast experience for financial management, inputs for investigation of bank frauds and other economic offences. Negi will also contribute in organising training of CBI’s investigating officers for probing such cases,” the statement added.
Negi will be responsible for liaison with banks, financial institutions and the RBI.
Two other senior officials of the RBI - Rajesh Sharma and P. Mukherjee - are already working with the investigating agency in its Economic Offences Wing and the BS&FC, respectively.
- Banks need to modernise, guard against fraud: CBI - May 20, 2011
- New forensic lab for CBI opens in Mumbai - Jun 04, 2012
- Maharashtra to get six new CBI courts - Jul 10, 2010
- Bankers to discuss cyber security - Jan 26, 2012
- Four executives held for illegal money transfers in Odisha - Aug 04, 2012
- RBI asks northeast to crack whip on chit funds - May 26, 2011
- New police units to handle specialized crimes in Odisha - Feb 26, 2012
- Top official of Speak Asia detained by police (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- CBI registers case against Satyam's Raju, others (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2009
- CBI registers case against Satyam's Raju, others (Lead) - Feb 20, 2009
- CBI experiments with Facebook to solve cases - Nov 09, 2011
- Top Speak Asia official detained by police for questioning - Jul 29, 2011
- Citibank manager accused of $65 mn fraud surrenders (Roundup) - Dec 30, 2010
- Need to shift from cash to electronic payment: Subbarao - Aug 03, 2012
- CBI arrests top bank officers for loan scam - Nov 24, 2010