RAW officer attempts suicide outside PMO?August 19th, 2008 - 10:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 19 (IANS) A woman officer of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), India’s external intelligence agency, was hospitalised Tuesday, apparently after she allegedly tried to commit suicide outside the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).A senior police official said a police control room (PCR) van rushed her from the South Block complex to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital around 2.30 p.m. after being alerted about the woman.
“We are not sure what substance she consumed. According to doctors, she is out of danger but is not fit to make any statement. We will register a case only after recording her version,” added the official who did not want to be identified by name or designation.
A sample of her stomach wash has been sent for forensic tests. Apparently, the woman has complained in the past that she was being harassed by some of her colleagues.
The woman, believed to be 40 years old, is posted in a RAW training institute in Gurgaon. She had apparently come to the PMO in the afternoon to meet a senior official, according to the police.
- RAW officer attempts suicide outside PMO (Lead) - Aug 19, 2008
- Blast in Israel embassy car injures four, Iran blamed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Gurgaon hooliganism due to lack of cops: Residents - Jan 02, 2012
- Women can work round the clock in Gurgaon: Police chief - Mar 15, 2012
- Accidentally fired bullet injures Delhi Police constable - Mar 18, 2012
- PCR vans to be one-stop help shop for Games tourists - Sep 29, 2010
- Former RAW official tries to undress in court - Jan 20, 2011
- Woman jumps from Metro station, dies (Second Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Woman commits suicide, six held in dowry case - Jun 14, 2012
- RML nursing students on strike after spat with principal - Nov 12, 2011
- Gurgaon women to march for Geetika to Jantar Mantar - Aug 22, 2012
- BPO manager ends life after tiff with husband - Oct 11, 2011
- Woman dies after jumping from metro station terrace - May 04, 2012
- Man attempts self-immolation outside parliament - Feb 03, 2011
- Mob fury after Delhi woman alleges rape by policemen (Lead) - Jun 23, 2009