RAW officer arrested accepting bribe, sent to police custody (Lead)February 3rd, 2009 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 3 (IANS) A senior Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) officer arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for allegedly taking a bribe of Rs.100,000 from a Chennai-based manufacturer was sent to three-day police custody Tuesday.CBI Judge P.K. Saxena sent the accused, A.S. Narayan Rao - a director level official of RAW, to the police custody.
Rao, working as a scientist in the technical division of the RAW, was arrested by the CBI from a hotel in Karol Bagh when he was allegedly taking the amount from the manufacturer Monday night.
“We arrested A.S. Narayan Rao while he was accepting a bribe of Rs.100,000,” CBI spokesperson Harsh Behl told IANS.
“He had demanded Rs.800,000 from a Chennai-based export company, promising them that he will get their files cleared. Rs.100,000 was paid as the first instalment of the bribe,” Behl added.
Rao was presented to the court Tuesday. The prosecution informed the court that searches were conducted and documents pertaining to the Chennai-based company were seized from Rao.
- Senior RAW officer arrested for taking bribe sent to jail - Feb 05, 2009
- CBI arrests RAW official for taking bribe - Feb 03, 2009
- Bank of India official arrested for bribery - Jul 07, 2012
- CBI arrests engineer for taking Rs.25,000 bribe - Dec 02, 2010
- CBI remand for Punjab woman police officer - Jul 25, 2011
- Sun TV senior executive arrested (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- CBI arrests senior Revenue Intelligence official for graft - Mar 07, 2012
- ONGC official held for bribe sent to judicial custody - Feb 08, 2012
- SBI staffer held for graft - Aug 02, 2011
- Mining baron Reddy's kin arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jul 22, 2012
- Sun TV MD arrested in cheating case - Jul 04, 2011
- CBI questioning Jagan for second day - Jun 04, 2012
- Two more judges sent to jail in cash-for-bail scam - Jul 12, 2012
- Two provident fund officials arrested for graft - Oct 05, 2011
- Karnataka BJP legislator jailed in bribery case (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012