Ratan Tata wins ‘Automotive Man of the Year’ awardFebruary 21st, 2009 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 21 (IANS) Tata Motors chairman Ratan Tata was named Saturday ‘The Automotive Man of the Year 2009′, an award sponsored by news channel NDTV Profit to honour industrialists in the auto sector.
Speaking of his selection for the honour, Tata said: “This is a tremendous boost to my morale.”
“I hope we can sustain ourselves through this difficult period and thereafter, looking back, people could say an Indian group nurtured the British brand,” he said with reference to Tata Motors’ acquisition of British luxury car brands Jaguar and Land Rover.
Commenting on his dream project for the small car Nano, he said: “I think Nano has been something that was a great challenge, an enjoyable challenge because it involved doing things that people said could not be done.
“The car will be out soon and I hope it will live up to the expectations everyone has from it.”
- A factsheet on the Tata Group - Nov 24, 2011
- Tata Motors to launch new vehicles in India and China - Aug 03, 2010
- Tata Motors Global CEO steps down - Sep 09, 2011
- After Nano, Tata launches luxury Jaguar, Land Rover (Lead) - Jun 28, 2009
- Ratan Tata force behind group's international foray - Nov 24, 2011
- Tata Motors global sales grows 27 percent in December - Jan 16, 2012
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover, China's Chery in joint venture - Mar 21, 2012
- Tata Motors eye launching Nano car in U.S - Jan 06, 2010
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- Cyrus Mistry to succeed Ratan Tata - Nov 23, 2011
- Tata Motors to build 2,000 Land Rovers a year in Pune plant - Mar 02, 2011
- Jaguar XJ named luxury car of the year - Apr 21, 2011
- Tata Motors Group's November sales up 35 percent - Dec 15, 2011
- Jaguar-Land Rover eyes booming China market - Jul 06, 2012
- Worker dies at Jaguar Land Rover factory - Sep 27, 2011