Rape victim suspended from schoolOctober 6th, 2008 - 1:30 pm ICT by IANS
Panchkula (Haryana), Oct 6 (IANS) A minor girl, who was allegedly gang-raped and tortured by four persons Sep 16, has been suspended from her school.”The girl is known for her mischievous activities and we have suspended her along with some other students on ethical grounds. We will again admit her in the school once the case is over and the real picture becomes clear,” a schoolteacher told IANS on condition of anonymity.
The 17-year-old victim studies in class XII in a leading private school here, adjacent to state capital Chandigarh.
“The girl went with one of her friends to some village in Punjab Sep 16 where they were joined by some boys. She was taken to some garage of a government office where she was raped and assaulted by the accused,” said a senior police official.
He said two persons have been taken into custody while various possible hideouts are being raided to arrest the absconding accused.
The victim had also charged one of her senior female students who helped the accused in abducting her.
“The family of the victim has got many life threatening calls from unknown numbers in the past few days. They have also been offered millions of rupees to reach a compromise,” a relative of the victim told IANS.
He said the victim is innocent and the school authorities have enhanced her problems by suspending her from school.
- Two minors gang raped in the capital - Feb 11, 2012
- Doctors among four charged with rape - May 25, 2012
- Two held for Ghaziabad gangrape - Mar 15, 2012
- Girl gangraped in Patna boys' hostel - Sep 12, 2012
- Minor gangraped in moving van, one held (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Cop, two others rape minor in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 23, 2011
- UP suspends four officials after violence - Jun 26, 2012
- Teenaged girl gang-raped in Pakistan - Oct 01, 2011
- Haryana university student alleges gang-rape - May 18, 2012
- Two engineering students held for rape - Feb 17, 2011
- NHRC notice on school turning away gangrape victim - Sep 13, 2012
- Women not safe in Bihar, says NCW team - Aug 17, 2012
- Four more rape cases, attack on women reported in UP - Jun 20, 2011
- India's shame: More violence against women - Feb 08, 2011
- Two held for gang-raping minor - Dec 07, 2011