Rape accused lynched in BiharMay 23rd, 2009 - 5:24 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 23 (IANS) A man accused of raping a four-year-old girl was Saturday lynched by a mob in Bihar’s Bhagalpur district, police said.
Subhash Yadav, in his mid 20s, was beaten to death by an irate group of people in Naugachia in Bhagalpur after he allegedly raped the small girl Friday evening, an official said.
Yadav, an auto-rickshaw driver, was caught from a house he was hiding in and thrashed, which led to his death.
Police said a case has been filed into the incident are investigations are under way.
- Mob rule: two men beaten to death in Bihar (Lead) - May 23, 2009
- Woman gangraped, dies in Ranchi hospital - Apr 23, 2012
- Suspected thief lynched in Bihar - Jul 10, 2011
- Two suspected criminals lynched in Bihar - Apr 27, 2011
- Suspected thief lynched in Bihar - Mar 07, 2011
- Two men lynched in Bihar - Oct 14, 2009
- Rail official killed in Bihar - Aug 08, 2012
- Overspeeding truck kills one, injures two in Delhi - Mar 11, 2012
- Driver set ablaze after minor's death - Aug 17, 2011
- Man accused of killing CPI-M leader murdered - Mar 10, 2012
- Mentally challenged woman lynched in Bihar - Aug 04, 2010
- 10,000 Mumbai autorickshaw permit holders agree to electronic meters - Oct 05, 2011
- Cop suspended for not cooperating in Assam youth's death-probe - Jul 26, 2012
- Bengal comes out with directives for cabs, auto rickshaws - Aug 22, 2012
- Policeman suspended over Assam youth's death (Lead) - Jul 26, 2012