Rani Mukherjee gets relief in Shirdi land dealApril 9th, 2008 - 10:34 pm ICT by admin
Aurangabad, April 9 (IANS) Bollywood actor Rani Mukherjee got a relief from the Aurangabad bench of the Bombay High Court Wednesday in a case related to a piece of land in Shirdi. The bench ordered status quo on the land to be maintained till June 9.
Rani Mukherjee had filed a petition in the Aurangabad bench of the high court challenging Ahmednagar district collectorate’s order cancelling her ownership of a plot near Shirdi due to irregularities in the deal.
Posting Rani’s petition challenging the order for June 9, Justice N.H. Patil issued notice to seven respondents, including the state revenue secretary, Ahmednagar district collector, Shrirampur sub-divisional officer, original land owner Raman Kshirsagar, and the immediate past owner Sampat More from whom the actor had purchased the land.
While technically the ownership of the land will vest with Rani Mukherjee till June 9, she has been barred from undertaking any construction or other development activity on it till the case is finally decided.
The status quo order also suspends till June 9 the SDO’s order asking her to pay a fine till April 15 failing which the deal would have stood cancelled.
Rani’s father Ram Mukherji was present in the court when the order was passed.
- SC notice to Haryana government on mosque land - Jun 18, 2012
- Rani moves high court in land ownership case - Apr 03, 2008
- High court to hear Rani Mukerji's petition April 9 - Apr 04, 2008
- Rani Mukherjee petitions against order on Shirdi land deal - Apr 04, 2008
- Supreme Court orders status quo for Vedanta University project - Jan 28, 2011
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Mobile phone towers in Chandigarh homes to stay, for now - May 24, 2012
- Court sacks 18 Saibaba temple trustees - Mar 13, 2012
- Vedanta University: Apex court orders status quo - Jan 28, 2011
- Manmohan Singh appeals for peace, harmony after Ayodhya Verdict - Sep 30, 2010
- Court stays new Shirdi temple board of trustees - Mar 30, 2012
- SC breather for Maharashtra transport minister - Aug 07, 2012
- Status quo at Ayodhya site extended till Aug 31 (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Apex court puts sealing in Delhi on hold, to examine law - Jan 03, 2012
- Mumbai businessman offers silver throne for Shirdi Saibaba (With Image) - Mar 23, 2012