Rane meets Sonia, agrees to attend cabinet meetingsAugust 23rd, 2008 - 7:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 23 (IANS) Maharashtra Revenue Minister Narayan Rane, who had threatened to resign in protest against Chief Minister Vilarao Deshmukh’s decision to allot a piece of land to Videocon, agreed to attend state cabinet meetings after a meeting with Congress chief Sonia Gandhi here Saturday.With this, the crisis in the Maharashtra Congress and the government over Rane’s resignation seems to have been allayed.
Coming out after 40-minute meeting at 10 Janpath, Rane said: “I have apprised her (Gandhi) about the situation in the government and in the party (Congress). I will act as per her guidance.”
“I will attend all the future cabinet meetings and everyone will work harmoniously in the state,” Rane said.
Rane had sent his resignation as minister in Deshmukh’s cabinet to Margaret Alva, the All India Congress Committee general secretary in charge of Maharashtra, protesting the chief minister’s decision to allot state agency CIDCO’s land in Navi Mumbai at a subsidised rate to electronic major Videocon.
- Rane in Delhi, Congress hopes to placate him - Aug 07, 2008
- Rane kept in limbo, Vilasrao loyalist to be Maharashtra Congress chief - Aug 14, 2008
- Probe demanded into Goa land scam with Margaret Alva links - Oct 15, 2011
- Remove Deshmukh to save Congress in Maharashtra: Rane (Lead) - Aug 07, 2008
- Sonia meeting visitors, party leaders - Sep 22, 2011
- Ghai land allotment row: BJP says Deshmukh must quit - Apr 05, 2012
- Vilasrao should resign: Maharashtra opposition - Apr 05, 2012
- BJP wants Deshmukh to go over land row - Apr 05, 2012
- Deshmukh-Rane spat to be resolved soon: Congress leader - Aug 11, 2008
- Employees protest CIDCO move to give land to Videocon - Aug 06, 2010
- Maharashtra axes four SEZs after local opposition - Jul 31, 2012
- Pawar meets Sonia to discuss 'coalition issues' - Jul 20, 2012
- Gandhi asks Pranab, Antony to probe housing scam - Oct 30, 2010
- Maharashtra CM Ashok Chavan likely to meet Pranab tonight - Oct 31, 2010
- Chavan offers to quit over housing scam (Roundup) - Oct 30, 2010