Ranbir redefining stardom: NawazuddinAugust 8th, 2012 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 8 (IANS) Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Ranbir Kapoor have formed a mutual admiration club, with both praising each other.
Nawazuddin, who plays Faisal Khan in “Gangs of Wasseypur 2″ (GOW2), reveals that Ranbir messaged him saying he has become his fan, while he himself feels that the young actor is giving a new definition to the word stardom.
“Ranbir Kapoor messaged me and he wrote in it that he has become my fan forever. He himself is such a good actor. He is someone who is breaking superstardom, who is giving a new definition to the word stardom,” the 37-year-old said here Tuesday in an interview.
“So it feels good that we have such actors who are doing different kinds of films. You can call them stars, superstars or actors. The way his career is shaping, he is definitely the new definition of superstar,” he added.
Ranbir was last seen as lovelorn singer in “Rockstar” and in his next he portrays a deaf-mute boy in “Barfi”.
Meanwhile, Nawazuddin says he gets “nervous before every scene”, but “GOW 2″ director Anurag Kashyap made him comfortable.
“Most of the times what you think doesn’t happen, sometimes just 50 or 25 percent of what you think actually translates into the scene. But my director was such that I never needed to think anything. When you are with him, you feel like giving the best shot. I am so comfortable with Anurag Kashyap,” said Nawazuddin.
“Gangs of Wasseypur - 2″, picks up from where the first part of the film ended. It also stars Huma Qureshi. Set in Wasseypur in Dhanbad district of Jharkhan, both the parts are based on real life story.
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur 2' promises high octane thrills (IANS Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur - Part 2' - more fast-paced, furious violence (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 09, 2012
- Singers add a lot to an actor's career: Ranbir - Aug 06, 2012
- Nawazuddin stays away from Rakhi - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur' to release in two parts: Anurag Kashyap - Aug 20, 2011
- When Manoj Bajpayee was harassed for being different - Jul 09, 2012
- For Anurag, performance more important than looks: Huma Qureshi - Jun 14, 2012
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Post GOW, Zeishan Quadri gets more acting offers - Aug 17, 2012
- More than awards, Ranbir wants lot of people to see 'Barfi!' - Sep 13, 2012
- '...Wasseypur' premiere gets full house at Cannes (With Images) - May 23, 2012
- 'Gangs...' male dominant, but with strong women: Huma Qureshi - May 19, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur 2' has its own place: Richa Chadda - Aug 04, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' - a romp into raw, rugged heartland (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Jun 22, 2012
- 'Barfi' was like dumb charades for me, says Ranbir Kapoor - Sep 01, 2012
Tags: actors, barfi, different kinds, faisal khan, films, gangs, gow 2, mumbai, mute boy, mutual admiration, qureshi, ranbir kapoor, rockstar, siddiqui, stardom, superstar, superstardom, superstars, young actor