Ramlila crackdown accused appear in courtJuly 7th, 2012 - 9:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 7 (IANS) Six policemen and 10 supporters of yoga guru Baba Ramdev, accused in Ramlila crackdown case last year, appeared in a Delhi court Saturday and were served the charge sheet and other documents.
The six policemen, named in a charge sheet filed in the post-midnight June 4 crackdown on Ramdev and his followers at Ramlila Maidan here, were summoned by a Delhi court last month.
The accused appeared before Metropolitan Magistrate Anil Kumar.
The court has fixed the matter for further hearing Aug 23.
The six police personnel are Sub Inspector Sushil Kumar, head constable Vijender and constables Ravi, Dinesh, Tejinder and Krishan Pal.
The charge sheet was filed after the Supreme Court Feb 23 directed police to take action against its erring officials and Ramdev supporters who contributed to the violence and destruction of public property.
The apex court come down heavily on police for the crackdown but also held the yoga guru guilty of contributory negligence. Police had charged 11 Ramdev supporters, among them one failed to appear in court Saturday.
- Six cops summoned July 7 over Ramdev crackdown - Jun 11, 2012
- Six cops summoned July 7 over Ramdev crackdown (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Ramdev responsible for crackdown: Delhi Police - Nov 25, 2011
- Apex court pulls up Delhi Police, Ramdev for violence (Roundup) - Feb 23, 2012
- Didn't baton-charge Ramdev supporters: Delhi Police - Jun 17, 2011
- Supreme Court blasts Delhi Police for Ramdev crackdown (Second Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Ramdev was asked to leave, started protesting: Delhi Police (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Government does not want to see me alive: Ramdev (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2011
- Ramdev begins anti-graft agitation at Ramlila Maidan - Aug 09, 2012
- Ramdev may appeal against apex court - Feb 26, 2012
- Supreme Court relief for Chidambaram on Ramdev crackdown - Jul 25, 2011
- Ramdev to meet president - Aug 17, 2011
- Debate needed on Ramlila crackdown judgment: Advani - Mar 04, 2012
- Ramdev himself responsible for crackdown: Delhi Police (Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Swabhiman Trust asked to respond to Delhi cops' view (Lead) - Jun 20, 2011
Tags: anil kumar, apex, apex court, constables, contributory negligence, crackdown, delhi court, followers, head constable, magistrate, maidan, New Delhi, policemen, supreme court, sushil kumar, violence, yoga guru