Ramdev to provide Rs.20 million to BiharSeptember 1st, 2008 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 1 (IANS) Yoga guru Ramdev Monday announced he was providing Rs.20 million for the victims of the massive floods that have ravaged Bihar.Ramdev also deputed 15,000 yoga instructors from the Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust and Divya Yog Mandir to carry out relief and rescue work in the state, a statement issued on his behalf said.
The relief work will be implemented in three phases, the statement by the Patanjali Yogpeeth Trust said.
In the first phase, people will get essential items like foodgrain, cooked snacks, plastic sheets to guard against rains, inflatable rubber tubes, fodder for cattle and medicines to battle water-borne diseases.
Later, the volunteers will try to tackle the spectre of epidemics and cattle diseases and attempt to rehabilitate the flood victims.
- Baba Ramdev discloses his assets (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- Ramdev's Rs.1,100 crore empire under scanner - Jun 07, 2011
- Ramdev denies information on ED registering case - Sep 01, 2011
- ED files foreign exchange case against Ramdev - Sep 01, 2011
- Government trying to defame me, says Ramdev - Sep 03, 2011
- Union minister inaugurates Ramdev's Ayurveda College in Hardwar - Jan 04, 2010
- What feeds Ramdev's lifestyle empire - Jun 09, 2011
- Cancel land allotment to Baba Ramdev: Himachal Congress - Nov 03, 2011
- India's yoga power scores a hit in Nepal - Mar 26, 2010
- 'Ramdev not close to RSS' - Apr 13, 2012
- Ramdev to declare assets by evening - Jun 09, 2011
- Declaring assets to end controversy: Ramdev aide - Jun 09, 2011
- Amarinder Singh wants land lease to Ramdev revoked - Jun 12, 2011
- Protest planned in London against crackdown on Ramdev - Jun 18, 2011
- Ramdev's close aide arrested - Jul 20, 2012