Ramdev plays down differences with Kejriwal (Lead)June 3rd, 2012 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 3 (IANS) With rifts in Team Anna camp coming out in the open, yoga guru Baba Ramdev Sunday tried to paper over differences with Arvind Kejriwal over naming specific individuals, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for corruption, saying there could be two ways of putting the same point across.
“We had decided on the protocol of not taking names of individuals so that the focus is not diverted from main issues of corruption and black money,” Ramdev told people at Jantar Mantar in the evening.
“But there could be two ways of putting the same point,” said Ramdev while playing down differences with Kejriwal who targetted Manmohan Singh and other political leaders such as Lalu Yadav, Mulayam Singh Yadav and A. Raja for the ongoing corruption in the country.
Earlier, Kejriwal had walked out of Jantar Mantar where social activist Anna Hazare and yoga guru Baba Ramdev were fasting against corruption.
However, another Team Anna member said Kejriwal left the venue because he was unwell.
But later, Kejriwal wrote a message on Twitter justifying his naming individuals in his speech.
“This is a political battle and we will have to name and shame and demand severe action against corrupt people. I have greatest respect for Swamiji (Ramdev).
I will personally speak to Swami Ramdevji. I’m sure I’ll be able to persuade him that naming is important,” he tweeted.
- Kejriwal walks out of Hazare-Ramdev fast venue - Jun 03, 2012
- Rift mars Ramdev-Anna show, PM targeted over graft inaction (Intro Roundup) - Jun 03, 2012
- Rift mars Ramdev-Anna show, PM targeted over graft inaction (Roundup) - Jun 03, 2012
- Rift mars Anna-Ramdev joint fast against corruption (Third Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Have not said anything wrong, says Kejriwal - Mar 26, 2012
- Tendulkar nomination a Congress ploy, says Ramdev - Apr 28, 2012
- BJP backs Ramdev's movement - Jun 04, 2012
- Crowds swell as Ramdev comes to Team Anna's fast site (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Ramdev, Hazare to fast against corruption (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- It's Ramdev show at fast venue - Jun 03, 2012
- Ramdev draws crowds to Team Anna stir, dissents on attacking president (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Hazare begins fast, demands passage of Jan Lokpal bill (Evening Lead) - Jul 29, 2012
- Ramdev launches attack against prime minister - Jun 03, 2012
- Nationwide protests against black money Sunday: Ramdev - Jun 01, 2012
- Hazare to fast to protest crackdown against Ramdev - Jun 05, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, arvind kejriwal, black money, corruption, june 3, manmohan, manmohan singh, mantar, name and shame, New Delhi, political leaders, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, raja, rifts, swami, taking names, twitter, yadav, yoga guru