Ramdev cannot inspire Goans: CongressDecember 12th, 2011 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Dec 12 (IANS) In a scathing attack on Baba Ramdev, a senior Congress leader Monday said that the yoga guru had no moral authority to inspire people because “he ran away in a woman’s attire”.
All India Congress Committee (AICC) secretary in charge of Goa Jagmeet Singh Brar was reacting to Ramdev’s charge against the Congress and state Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, accusing both of fostering the illegal mining industry in Goa.
“This gentlemen, with due respect to what he has done for yoga, ran off in a woman’s attire. How can be inspiring Goans,” Brar asked, referring to Ramdev’s dramatic midnight escape incognito June 4/5 from Ramlila maidan in New Delhi wearing a salwar kameez, following action by the Delhi Police against his protest.
Ramdev has already threatened to go on fast in Goa, if the state government did not act against illegal mining here.
- Mining scam may hit Kamat's second term chances - Oct 23, 2011
- Goa has failed to keep promises, says Congress official - Apr 01, 2011
- Will Congress do a Yeddyurappa with Goa's Kamat? (Letter from Goa) - Sep 21, 2011
- Ramdev holds Kamat responsible for Goa's mining scam - Dec 10, 2011
- Ramdev may appeal against apex court - Feb 26, 2012
- No midnight session for Goa liberation's 50th anniversary: Kamat - Dec 02, 2011
- Don't leak Goa mining report to media: Congress - Oct 23, 2011
- Illegal mining will trigger crisis in Goa: NGO - Mar 21, 2011
- Rahul invitation a casual remark: Goa Congress chief - Nov 03, 2011
- Government to root out Goa mining mafia: Governor (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Roadmap aside, urgent issues await Sonia in Goa - Dec 16, 2011
- Parrikar's mining flip flop angers activists - Jul 17, 2012
- Goa's medium of instruction issue takes communal turn - May 24, 2011
- Government does not want to see me alive: Ramdev (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2011
- Ramdev begins anti-graft agitation at Ramlila Maidan - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,