Ramdev banned from entering Delhi for 15 daysJune 5th, 2011 - 4:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 5 (IANS) Yoga guru Baba Ramdev cannot enter Delhi for the next 15 days, police said Sunday.
“We have received orders from the government not to allow him (Ramdev) to enter Delhi for the next 15 days,” a police officer said.
Justifying its midnight crackdown on Ramdev and his supporters at the Ramlila Ground, the Delhi Police said the organisers, Bharat Swabhiman Trust, had permission only for a yoga training camp.
“They were making political and provocative speeches,” said a police officer.
Ramdev’s hunger strike against corruption and black money stashed abroad ended abruptly just after midnight Saturday as hundreds of policemen swooped down on the Ramlila Ground, removing him and dispersing thousands of his restive supporters with tear gas and batons.
He was then flown to Dehradun in a special plane accompanied by two policemen.
- Midnight action breaks up Ramdev's anti-corruption fast - Jun 05, 2011
- BJP goes hammer and tongs at Manmohan, Sonia (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Prohibitory orders around Ramlila Ground - Jun 05, 2011
- Police break up Ramdev's anti-corruption fast, protest venue cleared (Third Lead) - Jun 05, 2011
- Ramdev's supporters created chaos: Delhi Police - Jun 05, 2011
- Midnight crackdown on Ramdev gives government nightmares (Roundup) - Jun 05, 2011
- 'Action against Ramdev reminder of emergency' - Jun 05, 2011
- Ramlila ground wears deserted look after police operation - Jun 05, 2011
- Timeline of Ramdev's nine-day fast - Jun 12, 2011
- Ramdev supporters to continue protests against graft - Jun 12, 2011
- 30 injured in police crackdown to end Ramdev's protest - Jun 05, 2011
- If I've black money, make it national property: Ramdev (Lead) - Jun 26, 2011
- Ramdev aide seeks inquiry into police action - Jun 05, 2011
- 'Delhi Police can't be blamed for action on Baba Ramdev' - Jul 02, 2011
- Ramdev reaches Hardwar to hero's welcome (Lead) - Jun 05, 2011