Raman Singh appoints nine parliamentary secretariesDecember 23rd, 2008 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Dec 23 (IANS) Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh Tuesday appointed nine legislators of his Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as parliamentary secretaries with minister of state rank - seen as a move to stem dissension among the newly-elected members.The nine are Siyaram Sahu, Komal Janghel, Bhaiyalal Rajwade, Bharat Sai, Omprakash Rathia, Vijay Baghel, Sidhnath Paikra, Mahesh Gagra and Yudhvir Singh Judeo. They were administered oath of office in a simple function at Singh’s official residence.
BJP sources said the newly-elected legislators were expecting ministerial berths but had failed to make it.
As many as 11 legislators took oath Monday in the council of ministers of 56-year-old Raman Singh, who is credited with the party’s victory in the November polls for the 90-member state assembly.
- BJP leaders meet in Chhattisgarh - Jun 28, 2012
- Congress officially extends support to Trinamool - May 15, 2011
- First session of Tamil Nadu assembly May 23 - May 19, 2011
- Dimple Yadav takes oath as Lok Sabha member - Aug 08, 2012
- Two Congress ministers to be sworn-in Friday - May 20, 2011
- New Punjab assembly a 'crorepati' club - Mar 11, 2012
- Mamata's swearing-in: Singur, Netai victims' kin invited - May 19, 2011
- Chhattisgarh minister faces flak over Maoist links - Mar 04, 2010
- Nitish set to take oath, thousands pour in - Nov 26, 2010
- Punjab assembly session begins Monday - Mar 18, 2012
- Hard nosed bargaining ahead for ministerial posts in Bihar - Nov 25, 2010
- Harmohinder Chatha is Haryana assembly speaker - Oct 28, 2009
- New Rajya Sabha members take oath - Aug 19, 2011
- Will give due respect to opposition: West Bengal minister - May 21, 2011
- Congress moves court against Chhattisgarh CM - Jul 20, 2012