Ramadan gift leads to transfer of Kerala government staffersSeptember 9th, 2008 - 6:04 pm ICT by IANS
Kottayam (Kerala), Sep 9 (IANS) Two employees of the state-run Kerala State Cooperative Consumers Federation Limited (Consumerfed) have been transferred after a veiled woman pretended to be a Muslim and lined up to receive a gift at a Ramadan fair.The incident took place last week at the Karapuzha Service Cooperative Bank near here with Cooperation Minister G. Sudhakaran giving away the gift packets.
The woman, Suba Jacob, worked as a casual employee at Consumerfed and has been sacked.
Consumerfed’s Ramadan fair is held in all 14 districts of the state to enable people to buy provisions at cheap rates.
According to Riji G. Nair, managing director of Consumerfed, a preliminary inquiry found that the charges were true. “We have transferred a manager and an assistant manager. We have also launched a detailed inquiry by the general manager,” Nair told IANS.
The matter was also being investigated by the cooperative department as well.
- Floating mall on Kerala backwaters catches tourists' eye (With Images) - Feb 21, 2010
- CPI-M demands case, probe against Congress MP - Jun 30, 2012
- Court orders probe into cop's suicide in Abhaya case - Feb 04, 2010
- People will give us another mandate: Achuthanandan - Apr 13, 2011
- CPI-M seeks action on lawmaker's remark against judiciary - Feb 13, 2011
- 11 Kerala ministers win, three lose - May 13, 2011
- Muslim or Christian, in Kerala they want Vastu home - Jun 12, 2011
- Congress MP demands reprobe into 1994 Kerala firing - Oct 16, 2011
- Boat-market, with 12,000 items, planned for Kerala district - Mar 04, 2009
- Not attacking judiciary, but corrupt judges: Congress MP - Feb 17, 2011
- UAE's finance ministry hosts Iftar - Aug 18, 2011
- Floating store sets sail in backwaters of Kuttanad in Kerala - Jun 12, 2009
- Egypt to launch TV channel with fully-veiled women - Jul 12, 2012
- Kerala to book Congress MP for graft charge against judge - Feb 14, 2011
- Employees allege corruption in running of temple affairs - Jul 11, 2009