Ram Gopal Varma shoots ‘Agyaat’ in Kerala forestFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 7:20 pm ICT by IANS
Athirapally (Kerala), Feb 22 (IANS) Having wrapped up major filming in the Sigiriya jungle of Sri Lanka for his forthcoming spooky crime thriller “Agyaat”, Bollywood director Ram Gopal Varma has begun the final phase of shooting in the Athirapally forests in Kerala here.
This is the second time that the ace director is shooting in the state. Earlier in 2006, he shot in the picturesque Munnar hills for the Amitabh Bachchan-starrer “Nishabd”.
The filming began Saturday in Athirapally forests — fast becoming a hotspot for the Bollywood industry. Last year, Mani Ratnam was here for his film “Ravana”.
“A film unit on a shoot gets trapped deep in a forest. And one by one the crew members start getting killed. This is the main story of the film,” Varma told reporters here.
Athirapally is about 60 km from Kochi and the film crew will shoot here for another week.
Nitin, a Telugu star, and Priyanka Kothari are the main leads in the film.
A major chunk of the movie has been filmed in the Sigiriya forests in Sri Lanka and the film is likely to be released in July, Varma added.
Reacting to the controversy when he was seen with the son of the then Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh at the Taj Hotel in Mumbai soon after the terror attacks, the director said that it was “accidental” and wasn’t meant for any other purpose.
- Ram Gopal Varma film shoot suspended after heroine's injury - Feb 24, 2009
- 'Agyaat' smoking scene cut for TV: Ram Gopal Varma - Jul 26, 2009
- 'Agyaat' - Varma's desi version of Hollywood thrillers (IANS Preview) - Aug 03, 2009
- Varma to make sequel to 'Agyaat' - Aug 14, 2009
- Southern star Nitin unsure of Bollywood after 'Agyaat' - Aug 02, 2009
- Priyanka Kothari lived with eight lizards during 'Agyaat' shoot - Jul 27, 2009
- Varma's next thriller shot in 'sexy' Sri Lankan jungle - Feb 22, 2009
- Bollywood is huge draw in Sri Lanka - Apr 26, 2010
- One film at a time is ideal, says Bollywood actor Abhishek Bachchan - Oct 28, 2009
- Twin accidents interrupt Varma's 'Agyaat' shoot - Feb 28, 2009
- Pachyderm runs riot, Abhi, Aish get stuck during 'Ravan' shoot - Jul 30, 2009
- Bollywood steps out of studio - into real locations - Jan 26, 2011
- Movie Review: Agyaat (2009) - Aug 07, 2009
- Gautam Rode excited about Ramu's Agyaat - Jul 20, 2009
- 'Agyaat' based on spooky experiences during 'Jungle' shoot: Varma - Jul 17, 2009