Rally in Delhi to protest killing of RTI activistJuly 23rd, 2010 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) Social organisations from across the country will hold a rally in the capital Monday to protest the murder of Right to Information (RTI) activist Amit Jethwa in Ahemdabad.
The rally will start from the Gandhi Peace Foundation at ITO here at 6 p.m. and move towards the samadhi of Babu Jagjivan Ram at Rajghat. It is being jointly organised by a group of organisations under the banner of National Campaign for People’s Right to Information (NCPRI).
Jethwa was shot dead Tuesday night outside the Gujarat High Court. He had filed a public interest lawsuit against the illegal limestone mining mafia operating in the Sasan Gir area.
- Four arrested for stabbing Porbandar RTI activist - Jun 25, 2011
- Gujarat court accepts plea for CBI probe in activist's murder - Apr 07, 2011
- RTI activist shot dead in Gujarat - Jul 21, 2010
- Policy to curb illegal mining soon, Gujarat tells court - Oct 18, 2010
- BJP MP killed my son: RTI activist's father - Jul 21, 2010
- Slain RTI activist's father wants action against MP - Aug 01, 2011
- RTI activist Amit Jethwa shot dead in Gujarat - Jul 21, 2010
- Accused BJP MP goes underground in Right to Information activist murder case - Jul 22, 2010
- BJP MP's nephew arrested in RTI activist murder case - Sep 07, 2010
- Gujarat questioned on delay in Lokayukta's appointment - Aug 19, 2011
- Gujarat's no-objection clause for industries near sanctuaries questioned - Feb 08, 2011
- Gujarat govt. criticised for shielding tainted legislator Solanki - Jul 22, 2010
- Slain Gujarat activist's kin join illegal mining case - Aug 23, 2010
- Constable held for Gujarat RTI activist's killing - Aug 17, 2010
- BJP MP's nephew arrested for role in Amit Jethwa murder case - Sep 07, 2010
Tags: activist, gandhi peace foundation, gujarat high court, limestone, mafia, move towards, national campaign, New Delhi, public interest, rajghat, rally, samadhi, sasan gir, social organisations, tuesday night