Rajya Sabha official’s house burgledOctober 13th, 2011 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 13 (IANS) The house of a Rajya Sabha official in east Delhi was burgled and thieves escaped with jewellery, cash and some bank documents, police said Thursday.
The break-in took place in Seetaram Apartments in Indraprastha Extension late Wednesday. Pradeep Chaturvedi, a joint director, along with his wife, mother and a son had left for Shirdi on Wednesday morning.
According to police, 10 tolas gold, artificial jewellery worth Rs.1 lakh, $1,000 and some bank documents were missing.
A police official said that the incident came to light around 11 a.m. when Chaturvedi’s servant found the house ransacked.
Police have registered a case of burglary.
- Ex-army official's house burgled - Feb 09, 2012
- Rs.1 crore burglary at Delhi bank cashier's house - Jul 25, 2011
- Hindu temple burgled in Dhaka - Feb 03, 2011
- Washington desis up in arms against gold thieves - Nov 01, 2009
- Over 10 houses burgled in two days in Gurgaon - Mar 11, 2010
- Burglar who targetted elderly women gets 15 years in jail - Jun 08, 2011
- Businessman's house burgled, burnt, Rs.3 lakh looted - Feb 21, 2011
- Delhi house robbed while family was away - Feb 03, 2011
- 3 held for burglaries, Rs.15 lakh worth jewellery recovered - Apr 12, 2011
- Mumbai jewellers threaten shutdown against police harassment - Mar 05, 2012
- US man leaves behind t-shirt printed with own face at house he burgled - Apr 02, 2011
- Man, five minors held for thefts - Mar 02, 2011
- Police unearth burglars' gang involving Rajasthan tribesmen - Aug 03, 2009
- Three burglars held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- 'Burgle-n-burn' gang strikes in Delhi again - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,