Rajya Sabha members raise concern over Jharkhand cash seizureMarch 30th, 2012 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 30 (IANS) Soon after over Rs.2 crore was seized in Jharkhand before the Rajya Sabha polls there Friday, some opposition members in the upper house expressed concern on “horse trading” in the state.
Communist Party of India-Marxist leader Sitaram Yechury raised the matter during question hour.
“Large scale horse trading is going on in Jharkhand, our colleagues should not come tainted,” Yechury said.
The matter was taken up again after question hour when other parties also joined in.
“It is a serious issue,” AIADMK member V. Maitreyan said.
The Rs.2.15 crore was seized by the income tax department from a car near Ranchi Friday when Rajya Sabha polls were held in Jharkhand. Reports quoting sources said the car belonged to the relative of an independent candidate.
Responding to the member’s concern, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla said though the matter concerned the Election Commission, he would convey the sentiments of the members to the home minister.
- With RS horse trading reports, Jharkhand in news for wrong reasons - Mar 31, 2012
- Rajya Sabha poll cancellation: Congress nominee moves court - Apr 03, 2012
- Ahuwalia files nomination for Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll - Apr 21, 2012
- 'Congress MP offered me Rs.25 lakh bribe' - Apr 23, 2012
- Rs.2.15 crore seized ahead of Rajya Sabha poll - Mar 30, 2012
- Counting for Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll stopped as Rs.2.15 crore seized (Roundup) - Mar 30, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll: CBI searches lawmakers' homes - Apr 21, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll on May 3 (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Congress, JMM seek review of cancellation of RS poll - Mar 31, 2012
- Rajya Sabha poll: JMM irked over BJP decision to field Ahluwalia - Apr 19, 2012
- Rajya Sabha poll: CBI charges three with horse trading - Apr 20, 2012
- CBI again searches Jharkhand Congress lawmaker's home - Apr 22, 2012
- 'Jharkhand order on RS polls a victory on corruption' - Apr 05, 2012
- Poll panel stops Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll, urges cancellation (Intro Roundup) - Mar 31, 2012
- CBI raids 19 places in Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll case - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, crore, election commission, home minister, horse trading, independent candidate, marxist leader, minister of state, opposition members, parliamentary affairs, quoting sources, rajiv shukla, rajya sabha, ranchi, rs 2, seizure, sentiments, sitaram yechury, upper house