Raju brothers bail plea to be heard Monday (lead)January 16th, 2009 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Jan 16 (IANS) Satyam Computer Services’ disgraced founder B. Ramalinga Raju and his brother B. Rama Raju will have to spend three more days behind bars as a court here deferred a decision on their bail plea for Monday.The court will give its decision Saturday on the police plea to hand over Raju, Rama Raju, who was Satyam’s managing director, and Satyam’s former chief financial officer Vadlamani Srinivas into their custody for interrogation.
On Monday, the court will hear, apart from Rajus’ bail plea, the appeal of India’s market regulator Securities and Exchanges Board of India (SEBI) to question Ramalinga Raju.
Laywers for the Raju brothers and Srinivas argued against handing over the three to the police, saying there was no ground for it.
“Whatever the three had to tell the police, has been told. The police have also not made out a case for taking the three into its custody,” they said.
Ramalinga Raju resigned as Satyam chairman on Jan 7 after admitting to the country’s biggest financial fraud of Rs.70 billion (Rs.7,000 crores). He and his brother were arrested Jan 9 and sent to judicial custody till Jan 23.
The Rajus moved the court for bail Jan 12. Srinivas was arrested Jan 10.
All three are lodged in Chanchalaguda jail here.
- Raju, others denied bail in Satyam scam - Aug 04, 2011
- Satyam case: no bail for Raju, seven others - Aug 30, 2011
- CBI plea against Ramalinga Raju's bail to be heard Monday - Aug 29, 2010
- Satyam Rajus bail plea dismissed - Jan 28, 2009
- Supreme Court cancels bail of Raju, five others (Second Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Police get custody of Satyam's Raju brothers, CFO - Jan 17, 2009
- Decision on Rajus' bail plea on Wednesday - Jan 27, 2009
- Satyam's Raju brothers, former CFO in police custody for four days (Lead) - Jan 17, 2009
- Satyam case: Apex court notice to CBI on Raju's bail plea (Second Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Raju''s bail petition hearing today - Jan 19, 2009
- Satyam's Ramalinga Raju, two others get bail - Nov 04, 2011
- Rajus sent back to jail, SEBI plea dismissed (Roundup) - Jan 23, 2009
- Andhra High Court adjourns hearing on Raju's bail plea - Aug 05, 2010
- Court reserves verdict on Raju's bail plea - Aug 16, 2010
- Raju brothers remain in jail, bail plea to be heard Monday (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2009