Rajesh Talwar returns to court custodyMay 30th, 2008 - 7:46 pm ICT by admin
Noida, May 30 (IANS) Dentist Rajesh Talwar, arrested for allegedly murdering his teenaged daughter Aarushi and the family’s domestic help, was Friday back in court custody after the police failed to make out a case for keeping him further in their custody. Talwar’s three-day police custody ended today.
While presenting Talwar in court, police said they had not been able to unearth any evidence to link him to the crime, nor had they been able to find the weapons committed in the crime.
The police also told the court that Talwar was not “cooperating” in the case, an accusation that the dentist’s lawyer said was not surprising.
“By saying that he is not cooperating, the police are admitting that they have not been able to persuade him to make up stories to support their contention that he committed the murders,” lawyer Pinaki Mishra said after the hearing.
Meanwhile, the Noida police Friday took Talwar to the Hindu holy town of Haridwar and in his presence, interrogated a priest who had performed Aarushi’s last rites.
Aarushi was found dead with her throat slit in her Jal Vayu Vihar apartment here May 16. The police initially named domestic help Hemraj as the prime accused but backtracked after his dead body was found on the building’s terrace May 17.
Talwar was arrested May 23. Police said he killed Aarushi in a fit of rage as he objected to her closeness to Hemraj.
Talwar’s wife Nupur, who is also a dentist, Friday provided to the National commission for Women (NCW) the entire sequence of events after Aarushi’s body was discovered.
The NCW will now pass this on to the Noida police.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati had Thursday urged the centre to ask the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to take over the probe into the twin murders.
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Painter refutes CBI claim in Aarushi murder case - Aug 31, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- SC directs Nupur Talwar to surrender in court - Apr 27, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Aarushi case closure unfortunate: Krishna Tirath - Dec 30, 2010
- Talwars formally charged with murders - May 25, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves Supreme Court against warrant (Second Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Aarushi case: Trial in sessions court from Friday (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Aarushi murder case to be heard Friday (Lead) - May 09, 2012