Rajbir Singh murder accused sent to police custodyMarch 27th, 2008 - 10:27 pm ICT by admin
Gurgaon, March 27 (IANS) Vijay Bhardwaj, who was arrested for allegedly gunning down Delhi Police Assistant Commissioner Rajbir Singh, was Thursday sent to three days of police custody by a city court. Bhardwaj, whose police custody expired Thursday, was produced before a city judge, who extended his police custody to three more days. However, police had sought five days’ custody.
Bhardwaj was arrested late Monday for allegedly killing Delhi Police ace sharpshooter Singh, 48, at his office on Mehrauli-Delhi road in Sector-14 over a monetary dispute.
According to police, Bhardwaj, a real estate agent, knew Singh for 20 years and the two were close friends.
Earlier Bhardwaj in his confessional statement to police had said the .32 bore weapon with which he opened fire was given to him by Singh himself on Friday.
Gurgaon Joint Commissioner (Crime) Manjeet Singh Ahlawat said: “They are awaiting for the reports from a team which had gone to Kanpur ordnance factory where .32 bore revolver is made.”
- UP lawmaker's son held for thrashing Russian woman (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Delhi cop's murder: accused to undergo narco test - Apr 03, 2008
- Man involved in 300 car thefts held -- again (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Mother gets son killed to keep affair under wraps - Sep 01, 2011
- Engineer held for killing colleague - Jul 11, 2012
- Businessman's guard arrested for opening fire - Nov 17, 2011
- 75-year-old held for robbery - May 09, 2011
- 'Property, love, depression behind shooting spree' - Sep 08, 2012
- Five robbers arrested in Gurgaon - May 16, 2010
- Two illegal arms factories unearthed - Dec 18, 2010
- Gurgaon toll plaza attendant's killers held, pistol untraced - Sep 26, 2011
- Police officer murder suspect in hospital - Mar 29, 2008
- Assaulted Russian woman gets Delhi Police security - Mar 05, 2012
- Assaulted Russian woman fears for life - Mar 03, 2012
- 'Rajbir Singh shot dead with missing police revolver' - Mar 30, 2008