Rajasthan woman throws children in well, kills selfApril 6th, 2012 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 6 (IANS) A woman allegedly threw her three daughters aged between 1 and 5 years into a well and then committed suicide by consuming poison in Rajasthan, police said Friday.
According to police, the incident took place in Taranagar area in Churu district, some 200 km from here.
The woman, Indra Devi is believed to have committed suicide over frequent family feuds. “It is suspected that she threw her three daughters, Manisha, 6, Aaina, 4, and Babali, 1, into the well and then consumed poison. A bottle of pesticide was recovered lying near Indra’s body,” said a police officer.
Police recovered the bodies of the girls from the well, while the mother’s body was spotted in a nearby agriculture farm Friday morning.
The officer said that Indra’s husband Rajendra Kumar is a farmer. “The exact cause of what drove the woman to take this step is yet to be known. However, prima-facie, it seems that she was depressed due to frequent domestic disputes,” said the officer.
- Husband, wife commit suicide - Jan 25, 2012
- Mother poisons daughters, self - Nov 08, 2011
- Teacher shot dead in capital - Apr 18, 2012
- Woman jumps off mall's fourth floor - Jul 29, 2010
- Five of a family die after drinking tea - Jan 24, 2011
- Suspended jailer kills wife, self in Lucknow (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- Chinese woman poisons herself, three kids - Apr 01, 2012
- Woman doctor kills herself over failed affair - Dec 05, 2011
- Cop's body found on rail tracks in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 07, 2011
- Chandigarh woman, daughter commit suicide - Jul 24, 2011
- Restaurant owner in custody for attempted rape of tourist - Dec 22, 2011
- Ten students held for stoning Rajasthan BJP leader's house - Aug 19, 2012
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- Lawyers clash with police in Jaipur - Jan 11, 2012
- Woman found dead in house, husband missing - Dec 22, 2011