Rajasthan Royals to play Delhi Daredevils in IPL kick-off matchFebruary 25th, 2009 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) The second edition of the DLF Indian Premier League will kick off April 10 with a glittering opening ceremony in Jaipur where defending champions Rajasthan Royals will host Delhi Daredevils.
The two semi-finals will be played in Chennai and have been scheduled May 21-22 at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium at Chepauk. The final will be hosted by Mumbai May 24.
However, the schedule announced Wednesday could be changed depending on the dates of elections to parliament.
IPL Chairman Lalit Modi promised an opening ceremony the like of which has not been witnessed in India before, with some truly world class entertainment.
The Hyderabad Deccan Chargers have confirmed that they will host their home games at two separate venues - Hyderabad’s Rajiv Gandhi Stadium and the ACA and VDCA Stadium at Visakhapatnam.
All day matches are from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and the night matches are from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Super Kings to start IPL title defence against Mumbai Indians - Jan 06, 2012
- IPL-IV: 74 matches played over 51 days (Schedule) - Apr 06, 2011
- Chargers elect to bat against Daredevils - May 10, 2012
- Andhra government asks Deccan Chargers to boycott IPL (Lead) - Feb 10, 2010
- Daredevils aim to again top the table (Preview) - May 09, 2012
- Jadeja stars in Super Kings' 74-run win over Deccan Chargers (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Deccan Chargers to play two matches in Cuttack - Feb 16, 2010
- Outrage in Hyderabad, Andhra over shift of IPL matches - Feb 14, 2010
- Andhra government asks Deccan Chargers to pull out of IPL - Feb 10, 2010
- 'Yellow fever' grips Chennai - May 28, 2012
- Keen tussle on cards as Chargers looks to spoil RCB's party (Preview) - May 19, 2012
- Deccan Chargers keen to break the jinx at Uppal - May 07, 2012
- Daredevils crush Chargers as Warner smashes blazing ton (Roundup) - May 10, 2012
- India put West Indies in to bat in second ODI - Dec 02, 2011
- India will have lot of ground to cover - Dec 01, 2011