Rajasthan Royals beat Daredevils to maintain IPL winning run (Lead)April 12th, 2011 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 12 (IANS) Rajasthan Royals maintained their unbeaten run in the Indian Premier League (IPL) with a clinical six-wicket win over Delhi Daredevils at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium here Tuesday.
Riding on Rahul Dravid’s 38 and Johan Botha’s unbeaten 39, the Shane Warne-led Rajasthan Royals easily chased down the target of 152 with nine balls to spare and followed up their win over Deccan Charges with an equally-impressive display on home soil. Warne was also the Man of the Match for his miserly figures of 2/17.
For Delhi Daredevils, it was their second successive loss and some poor bowling couldn’t help them in preventing a score of 151 for six in 20 overs. Y.Venugopal Rao (60 off 40 balls) and David Warner (54 off 44) were the chief contributors and helped Delhi achieve a competitive score after a poor start.
The Royals started their chase, despite the early dismissal of Amit Paunikar (5), on a bright note thanks to a quickfire 31-ball 38 by Dravid. The old warhorse came down heavily on Irfan Pathan, who is looking to make a national team comeback, with a six and two fours for a 15-run over. Dravid smashed six fours and a six during his quick knock.
Botha, South Africa’s ODI captain, also played a crucial knock in 32 balls and along with Ross Taylor (18 not not) took the 2008 champions home safely. Taylor hit Ashok Dinda for a four and a six to finish the match with nine balls to spare.
Earlier, opting to bat first Daredevils were reeling at 36/4, before Warner and Rao added 83 runs in 61 balls, striking 10 boundaries and five sixes between them, to take Daredevils to respectable total.
Daredevils lost captain Virender Sehwag (4) in the very first over to Australia paceman Tait, who also had compatriot Aaron Finch (11) caught at mid-on. Tait conceded four runs for his two wickets but also bowled the fastest delivery of 157.7 kmph in India.
Warne compounded the misery of Daredevils by dimissing Unmukt Chand and Naman Ojha within his first three balls.
- Rajasthan Royals beat Daredevils by six wickets - Apr 12, 2011
- Rajasthan Royals beat Deccan Chargers - Apr 09, 2011
- IPL Scoreboard: Rajasthan Royals vs. Delhi Daredevils - Apr 12, 2011
- Botha steers Rajasthan Royals to victory over Deccan Chargers (Lead) - Apr 09, 2011
- Rajasthan Royals beat Pune Warriors for third straight win - May 02, 2011
- Gambhir, Kallis power Knight Riders to an easy win - Apr 15, 2011
- Daredvils' captain Sehwag wants his batsmen to deliver - Apr 12, 2011
- Daredevils blown away by Gayle storm, hopes alive for Royal Challengers (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Rajasthan thrash Pune to keep playoff hopes alive (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- Old guard out to make a statement in IPL - Apr 12, 2011
- Delhi Daredevils taste first win in IPL-4 (Lead) - Apr 17, 2011
- Kohli stars in Royal Challengers victory over Delhi Daredevils (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Daredevils crush Chargers as Warner smashes blazing ton (Roundup) - May 10, 2012
- Daredevils recover to make 151 for six - Apr 12, 2011
- Gayle makes the difference in RCB' sixth consecutive win (Lead) - May 12, 2011
Tags: chief contributors, david warner, dinda, early dismissal, home soil, impressive display, johan botha, kmph, nine balls, paceman, pathan, rahul dravid, ross taylor, shane warne, six fours, target, two fours, venugopal rao, virender sehwag, warhorse