Rajasthan Police get custody of Delhi blast accusedDecember 6th, 2008 - 11:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 6 (IANS) A city court Saturday granted the Rajasthan Police custody of Delhi serial blasts accused Mohammed Saif to to help investigations into his alleged role in the May 13 Jaipur blasts. Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja was hearing the plea of the Anti-Terrorists Squad (ATS) of the Jaipur police seeking transfer of the accused from the Ahmedabad police.
The Gujarat Police had Oct 27 secured custody of five Delhi serial blasts accused, claiming to have evidence against them in the synchronised terror attacks in Ahmedabad.
The Gujarat police had claimed that the role of the serial blasts accused — Saif, Zeeshan Ahmad, Shakeel, Zia-ur-Rehman and Saquib Nissar — in the explosions in Ahmedabad bombing was revealed during interrogation of other suspects.
In its application, the ATS Jaipur said it required Saif’s custody for probing his alleged involvement in the case registered with Manak Chowk police station under various sections of the Indian Penal Code and the Explosive Substance Act.
A series of blasts had rocked Jaipur, also known as Pink City, claiming 86 lives and injuring scores of others.
Saif was arrested following the Batla House encounter at Jamia Nagar in south Delhi Sep 19, in which two suspected terrorists and a police officer were killed.
- Four Delhi blast accused in Gujarat police's custody - Jun 12, 2009
- Delhi serial blasts accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 21, 2009
- Court issues warrants against Delhi blasts accused - Dec 08, 2008
- Delhi Police charge five for Greater Kailash blast - Dec 18, 2008
- One Delhi bombing accused sent to jail, warrant for others - Jan 07, 2009
- Court allows Delhi blasts accused to be taken to Gujarat - Mar 19, 2009
- Delhi serial blasts accused sent to judicial custody - Jan 02, 2009
- 2008 Delhi serial blast: 11 accused fail to appear in court (Lead) - Feb 21, 2011
- Delhi Police file charges for Sep 13 serial blasts - Jan 14, 2009
- Delhi blasts: Judicial custody of six accused extended - Feb 18, 2009
- Delhi blasts accused sent to jail till Feb 4 - Jan 21, 2009
- Court seeks presence of five Delhi blast suspects - Nov 10, 2008
- Suspected Delhi terrorist seeks bail for writing exam - Jul 08, 2009
- Court dismisses plea of Delhi serial blasts suspects - Dec 17, 2008
- Trial in Delhi serial blasts case to begin soon - Nov 26, 2009