Rajasthan Police constable electrocutedAugust 3rd, 2012 - 12:01 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 2 (IANS) A 34-year old Rajasthan Police constable was electrocuted while his colleague sustained serious burns when they came in contact with overhead electricity wires while chasing criminals in the state’s Kota town Thursday, police said.
According to police, the incident took place in Railway Colony area of the district, some 250 km from Jaipur.
“A woman had been admitted to a government hospital in Kota with severe burn injuries. When a policeman went to the hospital, she said that she was put on fire by two youth who she did not know,” said a police officer.
A police team from the Railway Colony police station went to the spot of the incident.
“Two constables, Rajesh Kumar and Manoj, entered an under construction building to look for the two youths as suggested by the woman. The building was empty. When Rajesh and Manoj went upstairs to ascertain if someone was on the rooftop, they came in contact with high-tension overhead wires,” said the officer.
Rajesh died on the spot, while Manoj sustained serious burns.
“Manoj is at present undergoing treatment at a hospital. His condition is stated to be stable,” the officer said.
- Kite-chasing boy electrocuted - Jan 15, 2012
- 2 dead, 10 injured due to electrocution in Rajasthan - Mar 19, 2012
- One electrocuted to death in Rajasthan - Jul 31, 2012
- Boy electrocuted in Rajasthan - Jul 15, 2012
- Three killed in two freak accidents in Rajasthan - Apr 15, 2012
- Mentally challenged girl electrocuted in Rajasthan - Jul 20, 2012
- Two BSF men injured in training accident - Aug 07, 2012
- Man riding on train roof electrocuted - Jan 17, 2011
- Security guard electrocuted - Jun 24, 2011
- Three killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan accident - Apr 16, 2012
- Child injured in high-tension cable explosion near Pune - Aug 17, 2012
- Three children injured in Delhi house fire - Jan 07, 2012
- Four killed in house collapses in Rajasthan - Sep 05, 2011
- Eight women electrocuted in Haryana - Aug 28, 2010
- Three elephants electrocuted in Orissa - Aug 01, 2010
Tags: aug 2, burns, colleague, constables, criminals, electricity, government hospital, high tension, jaipur, kota, manoj, overhead wires, police constable, police officer, police station, police team, policeman, railway colony, rajasthan, undergoing treatment