Rajasthan legislator to get special facilities in jail (Lead)April 13th, 2012 - 11:53 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 13 (IANS) A Rajasthan court Friday directed the Jaipur Central Jail authorities to provide facilities like mattresses, blankets, pillows, an air cooler and mosquito repellent to legislator Rajendra Singh Rathore, arrested for an alleged staged shootout in 2006, a lawyer said.
The Central Bureau of Investigation arrested the Bharatiya Janata Party legislator last week in connection with the alleged staged shootout of criminal Dara Singh on the outskirts of Jaipur.
Rathore, who represents the Taranagar constituency in Churu district, had complained of ill-health and filed an application in court seeking these facilities.
The legislator’s lawyer A.K. Jain told IANS: “As he is an undertrial, the court has asked the jail authorities to provide him the facilities on his own expenses. Of these facilities, air cooler will be provided only on a doctor’s recommendation.”
The CBI arrested Rathore, who was a minister in the earlier BJP government of Vasundhara Raje, after a brief interrogation at its Jaipur office April 5.
The alleged staged shootout by the police’s special operations group took place Oct 23, 2006.
The probe agency, in its charge sheet accused Rathore of abduction and criminal conspiracy.
“I have always cooperated with the investigating agency and will continue to do so. Although, I must say that I am being falsely implicated,” said Rathore.
The case has so far seen the arrest of 11 policemen.
- Rajasthan legislator to get special facilities in jail - Apr 13, 2012
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- Jailed BJP legislator alleges ill-treatment - Apr 25, 2012
- Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 'staged' shootout - Apr 05, 2012
- BJP protesters clash with police in Jaipur - Apr 07, 2012
- Rajasthan lawmaker discharged in staged shootout case - May 31, 2012
- Court issues notice to Rajasthan BJP legislator - Jul 05, 2012
- Court extends Rajasthan BJP leader's judicial custody - Apr 16, 2012
- Court rejects senior Rajasthan police officer's bail plea - Apr 27, 2012
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- Rajasthan police officer denied bail in Dara Singh killing - Aug 22, 2012
- Rajasthan IPS official's bail rejected - Jul 16, 2012
- Staged shootout: Charges framed against Rajasthan IPS officer - May 01, 2012
- Two Rajasthan cops surrender in Dara Singh killing - Jul 30, 2012
- Dara Singh case: BJP leader named in charge sheet - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: abduction, air cooler, bharatiya janata party, bjp government, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central jail, constituency, criminal conspiracy, dara singh, ill health, interrogation, investigating agency, jail authorities, jain, legislator, mosquito repellent, raje, special operations group, undertrial