Rajasthan IPS official’s bail rejectedJuly 16th, 2012 - 11:13 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 16 (IANS) A court here Monday rejected the bail application of suspended senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer A. Ponnuchami who was arrested for his alleged involvement in killing of criminal Dara Singh in a staged shoot-out, a lawyer said.
“Ponnuchami had been arrested May 16 last year after he turned up before the CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) for questioning. We had moved a bail application in the court of district and sessions judge. However, it was rejected,” said IPS officer’s lawyer Ajay Kumar Jain.
Ponnuchami, an inspector general of police-level officer, is currently lodged in the Jaipur Central Jail.
The alleged staged shoot-out that led to the death of purported liquor smuggler Dara Singh by police’s special operations group (SOG) took place on the outskirts of Jaipur Oct 23, 2006.
The CBI has arrested 11 policemen so far including suspended additional director general of police A.K. Jain and Ponnuchami.
- Court rejects senior Rajasthan police officer's bail plea - Apr 27, 2012
- Rajasthan police officer denied bail in Dara Singh killing - Aug 22, 2012
- Bail denied to suspended cop in Dara Singh killing - Mar 02, 2012
- Suspended IPS officer's judicial custody extended - Feb 29, 2012
- Rajasthan IPS officer surrenders in Dara Singh case - Feb 28, 2012
- Custody of five Rajasthan Police officers extended - May 26, 2011
- Staged shootout: Charges framed against Rajasthan IPS officer - May 01, 2012
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- Court extends Rajasthan BJP leader's judicial custody - Apr 16, 2012
- Rajasthan top cop evading arrest, removed from post - Jun 02, 2011
- Senior Rajasthan cop sent to police custody - May 16, 2011
- Rajasthan lawmaker discharged in staged shootout case - May 31, 2012
- Jailed BJP legislator alleges ill-treatment - Apr 25, 2012
- CBI speeds up probe in Rajasthan criminal's shoot-out - Feb 17, 2011
- Court nod for seizing Rajasthan cop's properties - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, central jail, dara singh, indian police service, inspector general, jain, lawyer, liquor, outskirts, policemen, sessions, shoot out, smuggler, sog, special operations group