Rajasthan hunting for six, 1,367 kg cocaine seizedJuly 4th, 2011 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 4 (IANS) Rajasthan Police Monday conducted raids within and outside the state to nab six members of a family, including three women, after over 1,300 kg cocaine was seized from their house in Alwar district, an officer said.
“The family claimed to be involved in agricultural work. They also ran a drug factory and it seems they used to run the smuggling racket. It is the biggest narcotics haul in the state,” the police officer told IANS.
The local police, with help from anti-narcotics bureau and other agencies, Sunday seized 1,367 kg of cocaine worth around Rs.100 crore in the international market from Lili village, some 140 km from state capital Jaipur.
However, the house’s occupants managed to escape the raiding team.
The police later lodged a first information report (FIR) against six people, including Phool Singh, Vikram Singh and Khusi Ram, of the family. The names of the women have not been disclosed.
It seems the cocaine had been smuggled from Hyderabad and was to be delivered to drug mafias in cities like Delhi, the officer said.
“The probe has been handed over to the SOG (Special Operations Group) and teams have been rushed to several places, including Hyderabad and Delhi,” he added.
- Drug smuggler arrested in Rajasthan - Dec 18, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.400 mn seized in Pakistan - Nov 23, 2010
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- Turkey seized 11 tonnes of hashish in 2011 - Dec 17, 2011
- 17 cocaine labs destroyed in Colombia - Jan 26, 2012
- Two arrested in Jaipur, 100 kg of banned drug seized - Aug 10, 2012
- 10 tonnes of hashish seized in Karachi - Nov 16, 2011
- Bid to smuggle 17 kg crystal meth foiled in Dubai - Dec 21, 2011
- Ghanaian arrested with cocaine in Goa - May 05, 2012
- Drugs worth crores seized in Mumbai (Lead) - Mar 06, 2010
- Goa Police to probe African drug peddlers' nexus - Jun 13, 2012
- Narcotics worth Rs.27 million seized - Mar 06, 2010
- Nigerian arrested with banned drug - Sep 07, 2012
- 77,000 kg narcotics seized in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
Tags: agricultural work, cocaine, crore, fir, hunting, hyderabad, information report, july 4, kg, lili, mafias, narcotics bureau, occupants, phool, police officer, special operations group, three women, vikram singh