Rajasthan court summons Shah Rukh for smoking in publicApril 26th, 2012 - 10:47 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 26 (IANS) A court here Thursday issued summoned Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan to appear before it May 26 in connection with a complaint against him for publicly smoking at the Sawai Man Singh Stadium during an Indian Premier League (IPL) match, a lawyer said.
The Bollywood star had allegedly smoked while watching the IPL match between Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata Knight Riders April 8.
“Smoking publicly is banned in Rajasthan since 2000 under the Rajasthan Prevention of Smocking Act. However, Shah Rukh Khan was smoking publicly in front of thousands of spectators. The actor was broadcast live while smoking on the TV channel which was showing the match,” said lawyer Nem Singh Rathore who filed the complaint on behalf of Jaipur Cricket Academy director Anand Singh Rathore.
“The court of the additional chief judicial metropolitan magistrate today (Thursday) issued a summon to Shah Rukh Khan after taking cognizance of the complaint. The actor has been directed to appear before the court May 26,” he said.
The lawyer said that spectators were being allowed into the stadium only after frisking.
“Police was confiscating any objectionable items including cigarettes while frisking. However, it seems Shah Rukh was allowed to carry the cigarette packet into the stadium which is negligence on part of police also,” the complainant said.
Shah Rukh is the co-owner of the Kolkata side.
- Shah Rukh pleads guilty to smoking in Jaipur stadium - May 26, 2012
- Complaint filed against SRK for smoking in Jaipur stadium - Apr 09, 2012
- Ranbir Kapoor pleads guilty in smoking case - Jul 26, 2012
- SRK barred from Wankhede for five years (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Rajasthan Royals opt to field against Royal Challengers - Apr 23, 2012
- Double trouble for IPL; player arrested, SRK banned from Wankhede (Second Intro Roundup) - May 18, 2012
- Court issues notice to Rajasthan BJP legislator - Jul 05, 2012
- Rajasthan legislator to get special facilities in jail - Apr 13, 2012
- SRK might be banned from entering Wankhede - May 17, 2012
- Shah Rukh again apologises for Wankhede brawl - May 29, 2012
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- Jailed BJP legislator alleges ill-treatment - Apr 25, 2012
- Drunk Shah Rukh misbehaves, faces ban from Wankhede (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Kings XI Punjab elect to field against Rajasthan Royals - Apr 06, 2012
- Deccan Chargers opt to bat against Rajasthan Royals - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: academy director, anand singh, bollywood star, cigarette packet, co owner, cognizance, complainant, court summons, cricket academy, knight riders, kolkata, magistrate, man singh, premier league, rathore, shah rukh khan, shahrukh khan, smoking in public, spectators, tv channel