Rajasthan court orders probe against ex-bureaucratMay 1st, 2012 - 11:18 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, May 1 (IANS) A Rajasthan court here Tuesday ordered a probe against a retired Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer and five others for irregularities in tenders for drinking water projects, a lawyer said.
A day after IAS officer Ramlubhaya retired from the post of additional chief secretary, the anti-corruption bureau (ACB) special court Tuesday took cognizance of a complaint filed against him, Public Health and Engineering Department (PHED) Chief Engineer Agam Mathur and four officials of private construction companies.
“The court asked the ACB to complete the probe and submit a report by July 2,” said the complainant’s lawyer.
The complaint against the six people was filed by Ashok Pathak on the basis of a recent report by the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
“In the complainant to the court, it had been stated that the PHED had invited tenders for carrying out 28 drinking water projects in Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer, Jaipur-Bisalpur, Bharatpur and Bikaner,” said Pathak’s advocate P.C. Ratnu.
He added that the companies which were awarded the tenders did not carry out work in the stipulated time period.
“Penalties amounting to almost Rs.108 crore were slapped on the four companies. But the penalties were later withdrawn without any basis. The companies were told to complete the work beyond the deadline,” said Ratnu.
- Court orders case against Rajasthan minister - Sep 10, 2011
- Cop, engineers, accountant caught taking bribes - Jul 21, 2012
- Government doctor caught taking bribe in Rajasthan - Jul 30, 2012
- Jaipur district encounters water shortage - Jul 15, 2010
- Court wants probe into Maharashtra land scam: Activist - Jul 03, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Senior Rajasthan official held for corruption - Aug 17, 2012
- Ex-Karnataka minister Janardhana Reddy's bail cancelled - Jun 13, 2012
- Policemen removed for negligence in Rajasthan clash - Sep 23, 2011
- CBI quizzes two Rajasthan legislators on Bharatpur riots - Aug 04, 2012
- Cash-for-bail: Suspended judge, seven others booked - Jun 09, 2012
- FIR against builder, bureaucrat in Mumbai land scam - Jul 05, 2012
- RTI activist attacked in Rajasthan - Feb 09, 2012
- CVC bans Corporation Bank from awarding tenders - Jul 02, 2011
- ACB seeks nod to probe Bhujbal for Maharashtra Sadan irregularities - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: ashok pathak, bharatpur, bikaner, bureaucrat, chief engineer, chief secretary, cognizance, complainant, comptroller and auditor general, comptroller and auditor general of india, corruption bureau, crore, drinking water, engineering department, indian administrative service, irregularities, kota, mathur, private construction companies, water projects