Rains to intensify in Uttar PradeshJune 30th, 2011 - 3:05 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 30 (IANS) After witnessing light to moderate showers, parts of Uttar Pradesh are likely to experience heavy showers from Thursday, an official said.
“Besides the cyclonic circulation that is hovering over eastern Uttar Pradesh, the monsoon trough line is also passing over the state. Moreover, there is heavy moisture feeding from the Bay of Bengal. All this will intensify the rainfall activity in the state,” state Met Director J.P. Gupta told reporters here.
“At least for the next 24 hours, such weather conditions would prevail,” he added.
In the past 24 hours (8:30 a.m. Wednesday-8:30 a.m. Thursday), Lucknow recorded 41 mm rainfall, according to the Met office.
Rainfall in Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur and Jhansi was recorded at 15.9 mm, 70 mm, 66 mm and 29.1 mm, respectively.
Lucknow’s minimum temperature Thursday was recorded at 24.2 degrees Celsius, three degrees below the average.
- Light showers in Uttar Pradesh turn weather pleasant - May 31, 2011
- Rains in parts of Uttar Pradesh - Apr 26, 2011
- Monsoon showers bring relief to UP - Jul 07, 2012
- Showers in Uttar Pradesh turn weather pleasant - Jun 14, 2011
- Rains lash Uttar Pradesh, Yamuna fills up - Aug 06, 2011
- Rains bring relief to parts of Uttar Pradesh - Jul 16, 2011
- Rains lash Uttar Pradesh - Mar 04, 2011
- Rains expected in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 14, 2011
- Bright sunny days ahead in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 04, 2011
- Rains to slow, flooding rivers will recede - Jul 30, 2011
- Showers bring back chill in Lucknow - Feb 16, 2011
- Rains in Uttar Pradesh to be late by almost a week - Jun 26, 2012
- More rain, more chaos in Delhi (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Cool morning in Delhi, more rains ahead - Sep 04, 2011
- Rains likely in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 08, 2011