Rains lash Uttar PradeshMarch 4th, 2011 - 12:41 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 4 (IANS) Several cities in Uttar Pradesh woke up to a wet Friday morning as rains lashed major parts of the state, an official said here.
According to the state meteorological department, Lucknow received 6.0 mm of rainfall till 9 a.m., while its adjoining cities Hardoi and Barabanki recorded 3.0 mm and 4.6 mm of rainfall, respectively.
The minimum temperature recorded here was 15 degrees Celsius, three degrees above the normal due to cloudy skies.
“Lucknow and other cities witnessed the rains owing to western disturbances that are bringing in moisture,” met department Director J.P. Gupta told reporters here.
“Such weather conditions are likely to prevail for the next 24 hours (till Saturday). As the day progresses, light to moderate rains could be experienced in Lucknow and other central parts of Uttar Pradesh,” he added.
- Rains in parts of Uttar Pradesh - Apr 26, 2011
- Rains lash Uttar Pradesh, Yamuna fills up - Aug 06, 2011
- Showers bring back chill in Lucknow - Feb 16, 2011
- Light showers in Uttar Pradesh turn weather pleasant - May 31, 2011
- Rain in Delhi, more likely - Sep 04, 2012
- Rains to slow, flooding rivers will recede - Jul 30, 2011
- Pleasant morning in Delhi, clear day in store - Mar 13, 2012
- Showers in Uttar Pradesh turn weather pleasant - Jun 14, 2011
- Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely - Jul 22, 2012
- Hot, sweltering day for Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Sultry morning for Delhi, rains expected - Aug 14, 2010
- Rains to intensify in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 30, 2011
- Monsoon showers bring relief to UP - Jul 07, 2012
- Rains bring relief to parts of Uttar Pradesh - Jul 16, 2011
- Thundershowers lash Delhi, more rain predicted (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012