Rains lash capital, traffic snarls in several placesAugust 1st, 2012 - 12:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) It was a rainy Wednesday morning in the capital with office-goers stuck in traffic snarls in several places and the weather office forecasting more showers later in the day. The minimum temperature was 26.6 degrees Celsius, average for the season.
“The sky will be generally cloudy. One or two spells of rain are likely towards afternoon,” said an official from the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
The maximum temperature is likely to stay around 29 degrees Celsius, the official added.
Rainfall recorded in the last 24 hours was 15.6 mm. Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. was 95 percent.
Traffic snarls were reported from several parts of the city, the traffic department said. Vehicular movement was slow towards Azadpur, Moolchand flyover and Dhaula Kuan, an official said.
Tuesday’s maximum temperature plummeted six notches below the average at 27.9 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was a notch below average at 25.4 degrees.
- Traffic snarls in Delhi after morning rain (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- Scattered rain, traffic jams in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 09, 2011
- Season's heaviest shower halts Delhi, more rain likely (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Rains in Delhi bring down mercury, cause traffic snarls (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- More rain in Delhi spells chaos on city roads (Second Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Rainy Saturday for Delhi, more showers likely (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- More rain, more chaos in Delhi (Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Heavy downpour in Delhi, traffic hit (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, more rains Thursday (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Rains lash Delhi, add to commuter woes - Jul 08, 2011
- Mercury slips after heavy rains, more rains expected (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Torrential downpour leaves Delhi in traffic snarls, chaos (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Pre-monsoon rains in Delhi bring respite, traffic snarls - Jul 07, 2012
- Muggy day in Delhi, rains in store (Lead) - Jul 10, 2011
- Cloudy Tuesday in Delhi, rains in store - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: dhaula kuan, flyover, goers, humidity, india meteorological department, maximum temperature, minimum temperature, New Delhi, notch, notches, rain, rainfall, showers, sky, spells, traffic department, traffic snarls, weather office, wednesday morning