Rains, floods kill 50 in RussiaJuly 7th, 2012 - 6:18 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 7 (IANS/RIA Novosti) At least 53 people have died after heavy downpour triggered floods in Russia’s southern Krasnodar region, the emergencies ministry said Saturday.
In the worst hit Gelendzhik city, five people suffered an electric shock and died after a transformer collapsed.
Two bodies were found in the debris of a home destroyed by flood waters. Three bodies were found in villages near Gelendzhik.
Torrential rains began Friday. In all, 320 homes and about 1,000 families have been affected in the floods.
- Russia rains: Toll rises to nearly 80 (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Putin visits flood affected region - Jul 08, 2012
- Over 140 dead in Russian floods (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Russia mourns flood deaths - Jul 09, 2012
- US offers help in Russia flood disaster - Jul 08, 2012
- Russian flood toll rises to 144 - Jul 09, 2012
- Four kids among 171 dead in Russian floods - Jul 10, 2012
- Russia to spend $280 mn on flood-hit town - Jul 16, 2012
- 11 dead in Russia flooding - Oct 17, 2010
- Russian flood toll rises to 100 - Jul 08, 2012
- 20 perish in Nigeria flood - Aug 29, 2011
- Minute's silence at Russian Super Cup - Jul 14, 2012
- Putin reaches flood-hit town - Jul 16, 2012
- Plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jul 04, 2011
- 10 people killed in Spain earthquake - May 12, 2011