Rains bring down mercury in Delhi, more likely (Lead)August 9th, 2012 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 9 (IANS) Sporadic rains in Delhi Thursday brought down the maximum temperature to 31.7 degrees Celsius, two notches below the average for the season. The met department forecast more showers in the coming days.
“One or two spells of rain or thundershowers are likely Friday. Maximum and minimum temperatures will stay around 33 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively,” said an official from India Meteorological Department (IMD).
While rainfall till Wednesday evening was recorded at 10.7 mm, the mercury came down by three degrees Thursday. Minimum temperature settled at 26.1 degrees Celsius, average for the season, while humidity hovered at a whopping 97 percent.
The maximum temperature Wednesday was 34.6 degrees while the minimum was 27.8 degrees Celsius, both a notch above average.
- Cloudy day in Delhi, light showers expected - Jul 28, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rains likely Friday (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- Pleasant day in Delhi, light rain expected Saturday (Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- A hot day ahead for Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Another sweltering day in Delhi, no respite Sunday (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Hot day in Delhi, rains ahead - Sep 01, 2011
- Cloudy Saturday in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Clear day for Delhi - Apr 27, 2012
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, rains likely Thursday (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Humid, cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Thursday (Lead) - Jul 25, 2012
- Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 29, 2012
- Rain expected in Delhi Tuesday - Jun 15, 2010
- Pleasant, wet day in Delhi, more rains likely Thursday (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Breezy morning gives Delhiites some respite - Jul 04, 2012
- Hot Wednesday in Delhi, mercury to rise further (Lead) - May 09, 2012
Tags: humidity, india meteorological department, india meteorological department imd, maximum temperature, mercury, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, New Delhi, notch, notches, rain, rainfall, showers, spells, three degrees, thundershowers, wednesday evening