Rains again elude Delhi Sunday, likely Monday (Lead)July 29th, 2012 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 29 (IANS) Rains continued to elude Delhi again Sunday even as the day remained pleasant and cloudy with the maximum temperature two notches below average at 31.8 degrees Celsius. Rainfall is, however, expected Monday.
After trace rainfall Saturday, no rain was recorded between 8.30 a.m. till 5.30 p.m. Sunday, the India Meteorological Department said.
The minimum temperature Sunday morning was 27.9 degree Celsius, a notch above average.
So far, Delhi has recorded a 61 percent rain deficit, with a mere 100.8 mm being recorded since the monsoon set in over the city July 8.
Similar weather conditions are expected Monday as clouds will continue to hover over Delhi, the IMD said. The maximum temperature Monday is likely to be around 32 degree Celsius, while the minimum temperature is expected to be around 26 degree Celsius.
- Drizzle in Delhi, more showers likely - Jul 30, 2012
- Delhi has a breezy Tuesday (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- Humid morning in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 29, 2012
- Pleasant Monday in Delhi with some rain, more expected Tuesday (Lead) - Sep 17, 2012
- Cloudy day in Delhi, rains expected Sunday (Lead) - Jul 14, 2012
- Drizzle in parts of Delhi, muggy Tuesday likely (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Pleasant Wednesday, rains likely Thursday (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Muggy weekend in Delhi (Lead) - Jul 23, 2011
- Light showers in Delhi Saturday (Second Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Sunny morning in Delhi, showers expected - Sep 03, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, showers expected - Jul 09, 2012
- Windy morning in Delhi, rains expected - Aug 13, 2012
- Pleasant day in Delhi, more rains Thursday (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- Humid, cloudy Sunday in Delhi; rains likely Monday (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Sultry morning in Delhi, rains likely - Aug 27, 2012