Railways to deploy software to track train movementApril 27th, 2012 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 27 (IANS) The Indian Railways Friday said it plans to deploy over the next 18 months a software to track the movement of all trains over its network.
This will happen through SIMRAN (Satellite Imaging for Rail Navigation), for which a pilot project is going on in 18 pairs of important trains.
“This system provides precise location of the trains through interactive mode on mobile phones and laptops. It eliminates the need for telephonic enquiry,” Vinay Mittal, Railway Board chairman said while inaugurating a two-day international convention here on “Modern Train Control for Capacity and Safety Enhancement”.
Detailing other steps to improve network safety, Mittal said the railways would install the Train Protection Warning System (TPWS) on a stretch of 3,300 km to cover all high density stations.
- Mamata Banerjee promises to make Indian Railways accident-free - Oct 27, 2010
- Train anti-collision device trials not satisfactory: CAG - May 25, 2012
- Belgium to help India modernise railway stations - Aug 02, 2012
- Why doesnt railways implement the anti-collision device, asks designer - Aug 13, 2010
- Railways may discuss safety with Chinese officials - Sep 27, 2011
- Satellite navigation, mobile phone network can enhance trains' safety - Apr 24, 2010
- ISRO bets on satellite navigation for aviation services - Feb 23, 2012
- Delhi Metro offered fully-automated, driverless train system (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Railway safety panel recommendations - Feb 17, 2012
- Chinese wary of high-speed railway - Jul 26, 2011
- Indian Railways to borrow $3.3 bn from market in 2012-13 - Mar 14, 2012
- China launches satellite for indigenous global navigation - Apr 10, 2011
- Rural development ministry offers to fund bio-toilets for railway coaches - Jul 25, 2012
- Pakistan prospecting for rail engines in India - Apr 26, 2012
- Mamata's rail budget promises growth with human face(Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,