Railways’ first quarter revenue up 12.15 percentJuly 18th, 2011 - 8:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 18 (IANS) Indian Railways Monday reported an increase of 12.15 percent in its revenue for April-June, which stood at Rs.24,756.18 crore, compared to Rs.22,074.92 crore in the corresponding quarter of the last fiscal.
“The total approximate earnings of Indian Railways during April 1 to June 30, 2011, were Rs.24,756.18 crore,” a railways statement said.
The revenue generated out of carrying goods increased by 12.61 percent in the first quarter at Rs. 16,811.76 crore, from Rs.14,928.80 crore during the like period of 2010-11.
Segment-wise passenger revenue grew by 10.52 percent in the first quarter at Rs.6,841.16 crore, compared to Rs.6,190.10 crore during the same period last year.
“The revenue earnings from other coaching amounted to Rs.694.63 crore during April-June 2011, compared to Rs.626.03 crore during the same period last year, an increase of 10.96 percent,” the statement added.
The total approximate number of passengers booked during April-June 2011 were 2,039.82 million, compared to 1,936.98 million during the same period last year, an increase of 5.31 percent.
The statement further said that suburban sector passenger booking during April-June 2011 increased 4.46 percent at 1,008.09 million, as against 965.05 million during corresponding period of last year.
In non-suburban sectors, the number of passengers booked during the quarter under review rose by 6.15 percent and touched 1,031.73 million, compared to 971.93 million during the same period last year.
- ICICI Bank Q1 profit up 30 percent - Jul 29, 2011
- Reliance Comm posts Rs.157 crore Q1 profit - Aug 13, 2011
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Direct tax mop-up rises 6.77 percent in April-June - Jul 09, 2012
- ACC profit rises 24.16 percent - Jul 26, 2012
- Railways' first quarter earnings grew by over 7 percent - Jul 09, 2010
- NTPC's first quarter net profit up 12.69 percent - Jul 25, 2011
- Coal India posts 64 percent rise in net profit - Aug 13, 2011
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- LIC Housing Finance profit falls by 11 percent - Jul 24, 2012
- Eastern Railway earnings up 8.63 percent - Jun 15, 2011
- Hindustan Unilever profits double to Rs.1,331 crore - Jul 23, 2012
- SBI profit more than doubles to Rs.3,751.56 crore - Aug 10, 2012
- SE Railway's freight earnings rise - Jun 16, 2011
- Reliance Infrastructure reports decline in Q1 profits - Aug 14, 2012