Railway stocks slump during noon tradeMarch 14th, 2012 - 3:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 14 (IANS) Stocks of companies associated with railways slumped around noon Wednesday, soon after the Railway Minister Dinesh Tivedi presented the budget of the network for the next fiscal.
At the Bombay Stock Exchange, shares of wagon maker Texmaco Rail and Engineering fell 5.62 percent to trade at Rs.67.20 around 12.50 p.m., rising a bit from the intra-day low of Rs.66.75.
Scrip of Kalindee Rail Nirman (Engineers) slumped 4.46 percent at Rs.107.20, moving up from the intra-day low of Rs.106.15.
Stocks of another wagon manufacturer Titagarh Wagons reported a fall of 4.47 percent at Rs.410.65 while shares of Hind Rectifiers slipped 2.75 percent to trade at Rs.46.
However, Bharat Earth Movers reported a marginal increase at Rs.681.50, while another firm doing business with the railways Transformers and Rectifiers (India) saw its stock rise 1.95 percent to trade at Rs.180.20.
- Sensex makes moderate gains (Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- Reliance Group firms' stocks soar - Feb 28, 2012
- Sensex dips 257 points; Infosys, Wipro slump (Roundup) - Jul 12, 2012
- Sensex falls 59 points as bearish mood prevails (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Reliance-ADAG shares rally - Dec 27, 2011
- Sensex recovers to end flat (Roundup) - Apr 26, 2011
- Sensex closes 22 points down (Lead) - Jul 13, 2012
- Sensex slides 320 points to close below 17,000 (Roundup) - May 04, 2012
- Sensex closes 153.97 points up; FMCG, oil stocks surge (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Sensex falls 86 points on profit booking - Jun 08, 2012
- Sensex rebounds after government defers GAAR (Roundup) - May 07, 2012
- Sensex closes 47 points down, metal, capital goods stocks slump (Roundup) - Aug 28, 2012
- Sensex closes 55 points down, realty, banking stocks lower (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Sensex tanks 298 points, metal, auto stocks fall (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Sensex falls below 17,000 points (Lead) - May 04, 2012
Tags: bharat, bombay stock exchange, budget, dinesh, doing business, earth movers, exchange shares, hind rectifiers, marginal increase, New Delhi, railway minister, railways, rs 180, scrip, slump, stocks, titagarh, transformers, wagon maker, wagons