Railway job racket busted, 5 arrestedApril 27th, 2012 - 12:33 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 26 (IANS) Five people, including a former air force corporal, were arrested for duping several youngsters on pretext of providing them job in Indian Railways, police said Thursday.
The accused have been identified as Narender Kumar (45), the leader of the gang, his wife Renu Yadav (40), Nakshe Lal Mishra (59), Nand Kishore (53) and Manish (32).
Kumar, who quit the air force in 1992, was arrested on April 23 and the other accused were arrested at his instance.
They used to entice unemployed youths by promising them jobs in the Indian Railways and cheat them of considerable sums of money, police said.
Forged medical papers and certificates of railway hospitals and forged recommendation letters of the railway ministry have been recovered from the the arrested people.
Yadav was arrested on March 6 for cheating Rs.6.5 lakh from a Haryana based family, who had reported the mater at central Delhi’s Prasad Nagar police station on January 6, but her other associates managed to flee at that time.
Kumar along with his wife and his son Anand planned to cheat the unemployed persons by giving them false assurance of appointment in Railway Service.
“In the process of cheating the victims the gang members first took them to Railway Bhawan, where the victim were made to stand outside, while one of the members went inside the building and would come out of the building and then give the victim an appointment letter which he claimed was issued from the railway ministry,” said Additional Commissioner of Police Devesh Chandra Srivastava.
According to Srivastava, after some days, the victim would be taken to the railway hospital in old Delhi where the medical examination of the victim was conducted.
Kishore, working as a peon in the hospital, facilitated the examination.
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Two arrested for cheating engineers - Sep 18, 2012
- Gang promising army job busted - Jul 21, 2010
- Man held for duping people with fake jobs - Oct 15, 2011
- Three held for selling fake bus passes - May 13, 2011
- Man arrested for cheating in Delhi - Jun 08, 2012
- Former manager at retail chain arrested for cheating - Mar 10, 2012
- Man arrested for duping youth - Sep 29, 2011
- Four held for cheating job hunters - Oct 20, 2011
- Five held with fake amulet in Delhi - Sep 02, 2012
- Nine lynched in two Karnataka villages - Aug 02, 2011
- Two arrested for selling fake gold biscuits in Delhi - May 10, 2012
- MP's letter forged to recommend Bappi Lahiri for award - Apr 27, 2012
- Cops rescue abducted NRI in Kurukshetra - Apr 11, 2012
- Gang that drugged and robbed passengers caught - Jun 13, 2012
Tags: appointment letter, central delhi, commissioner of police, devesh, false assurance, gang members, indian railways, kishore, lakh, manish, medical examination, medical papers, narender, old delhi, peon, railway service, recommendation letters, unemployed persons, unemployed youths, yadav