Railway board approves enhanced security measures at stationsOctober 23rd, 2008 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 23 (IANS) The Railway Board has approved the installation of enhanced security devices at railway stations considered to be “sensitive” and vulnerable to security breaches, parliament was informed Thursday.”The outright purchase model with annual maintenance contract includes installation and maintainence of CCTV system, electronic access control, personal and baggage screening system, explosive detection and disposal system, Integrated Security System at important stations and all suburban stations in the metro cities of Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata and Mumbai,” Minister of State for Railways R. Velu said in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
The system would be installed under tje build, own, operate and transfer model, the minister added.
The project will be implemented in two phases. For the phase-I stations, proposals are to be implemented in 2008-09 and for phase-II stations proposals are to be implemented in 2009-10.
The 185 stations identified under this scheme also includes 17 stations of Kolkata Metro Railway.
- New security system for 38 Mumbai railway stations: Kamat - Sep 28, 2011
- Wheels of Kolkata Metro turn towards massive expansion - Jun 19, 2011
- Kolkata Metro to have smart card recharging machines - Jun 08, 2012
- Metro Rail-I to be operational in Mumbai in 2012 - Sep 05, 2011
- RITES operating turnover up by 3.4 percent - Sep 30, 2010
- Maharashtra presents long 'wish-list' to railway minister - Mar 02, 2012
- High tech security at 76 railway stations by March - Feb 15, 2012
- MOEF gets Rs. 200 crores under bioremediation for first time - Mar 23, 2011
- Automatic signaling system introduced on Kolkata Metro - Apr 08, 2012
- Kolkata Metro Rail introduces integrated security plan - Jun 18, 2010
- Advance Passenger Information System in six international airports: Govt - Nov 30, 2010
- Rs.500 crore surveillance system for Bangalore soon - Sep 17, 2011
- Highlights of railway budget 2011-12 - Feb 25, 2011
- Railways to take over East-West Metro project - Apr 24, 2012
- Railway budget highlights - 6 - Feb 25, 2011