Rail traffic restored in Himachal PradeshAugust 11th, 2008 - 8:08 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, Aug 11 (IANS) Rail traffic was restored Monday afternoon on the Jogindernagar-Pathankot section after a train derailed in Himachal Pradesh, a senior official said. The accident occurred Sunday near Palampur town, about 240 km from here.
The train was on its way from Pathankot town in Punjab to Jogindernagar town in Himachal Pradesh.
More than 300 persons were travelling on the train. Seven people sustained minor injuries.
“The track was repaired and the traffic was restored in the afternoon,” Kangra’s superintendent of police Atul Kumar Fulzele told IANS.
Sources in the railway police said the track at the site of the accident was in a poor condition.
- Himachal rail line reopens after seven months - Mar 31, 2012
- Why proposed heritage site damaged, asks Himachal court - Dec 21, 2011
- Hundreds of tourists stranded in Himachal Pradesh - Aug 20, 2012
- Rail engine derails in Himachal Pradesh - Aug 14, 2008
- 39 people have died in Himachal rains - Sep 10, 2011
- Rail traffic restored on Kalka-Shimla track (Lead) - Jul 01, 2010
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, all passengers safe - Apr 27, 2011
- Rail engine derails in Himachal Pradesh - Jul 01, 2010
- Rail link partially restored, probe starts - Aug 01, 2011
- Derailment toll goes up to two, services partly restored - Aug 02, 2011
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Goods train jumps rails in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 13, 2010
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 09, 2010
- Rail traffic disrupted as goods train derails - Oct 04, 2011
- Iron-ore laden coaches derail in Chhattisgarh - May 21, 2012